March 14, 2014
- Southern Miss will face top-seeded Middle Tennessee in the Conference USA Championship game tomorrow at 6 p.m. MT on CBS Sports Network.
- Charter member Southern Miss will be making its second appearance in the C-USA Championship game. The Eagles lost to UCF, 65-54 in overtime, in 2009.
- Southern Miss extends its win streak to a league-best 13 games.
- With her seven assists today, Southern Miss' Jamierra Faulkner becomes Conference USA's all-time leader in assists with 854, passing Louisville's Sara Nord (852).
- Faulkner scored 22 of her team-high 26 points in the second half.
- This marks the fourth time in 19 years that the top two seeds will square off for the title.
- Southern Miss topped Middle Tennessee, 68-56, in the regular-season meeting between the schools on Feb. 5 in Hattiesburg.
- Southern Miss improves to 26-5 overall
- The Lady Eagles advances to finals of the championship game since 2009, the second time in Conference USA
- This is only the third time that a Southern Miss defeated the host school in the tournament
- Southern Miss won its 13th consecutive game (the most since 1989-90 13 games)
- Jamierra Faulkner had seven assists and now the all-time leader in that category with 854
- Faulkner recorded her 11th game with 20 or more points in a game this season
- With the 26 points, Faulkner becomes only the third player in Southern Miss history to top the 2,000-point plateau (2,002)
- Southern Miss shots over 50 percent in the second half for the seventh time in the last eight games
- The 26 wins is one win shy of tying the most wins in a Southern Miss history
- This was the sixth game this season that Southern Miss scored 50 or more points in the second half, the most coming against FIU with 65
- Jerontay Clemons posted her 17th game with double figure scoring
|Follow USM Women's Basketball:||Follow @SouthernMissWBB|