Post Game Notes
UTEP 92 vs. Southern Miss 79
March 9, 2012
UTEP Individual Notes & Records
- Five different Miners reached double figures in scoring, led by Gloria Brown with 19 points. She has compiled a team.best 16 such games this season.
- Brown now has 715 career points, making her the 24th Miner to surpass 700 points. She becomes the seventh to do so after joining the program as a junior transfer.
UTEP Team Notes & Records
- UTEP improves to 27.3 on the year, which is one shy of matching both the school and Conference USA single.season standard. The 2007.08 Miners finished at 28-4. Houston also went 28.4 in 2003-04.
- UTEP's 92 points equals its single.game postseason high. The Miners also did so vs. Western Kentucky in the 92.60 NCAA Tournament first.round win on March 22, 2008.
- UTEP's 52.8 shooting percentage is its second-best effort in postseason play, trailing only the readout of 55.0 in a 2008 C-USA semifinal 86-69 conquest of Southern Miss on March 8.
- UTEP's nine three pointers ranks tied as the most in program history in a postseason game. The Miners have now achieved the feat seven times, most recently in the 2011 C-USA tournament against SMU on March 9.
- UTEP moves to 6.6 all time in the C.USA tournament, and it will be making its making its second semifinal appearance in the event since joining the league prior to the 2005-06 season.
- Overall it marks the fifth appearance in a conference tournament semifinal. UTEP has never won a league postseason tournament, though it did earn runner-up honors in 2008.
Southern Miss Individual Notes & Records
- Jamierra Faulkner scored 20-plus points for the fourth-straight time and her 12th-time this season.
- Tanecka Carey set a new single season record in 3-pointers attempted with 214.
- Faulkner moved into seventh all-time in assists in just two seasons.
- Southern Miss guard Jamierra Faulkner attempted 14 3-pointers against UTEP. That total ranks fourth in C-USA Championship history.
Southern Miss Team Notes & Records
- Southern Miss concluded the 2011-12 season with 13 wins the most since 2009.
- Southern Miss finished strong winning seven of its last 10 games.
- Southern Miss is now 10-17 in C.USA Tournaments.
- Southern Miss connected on a season high 10 3-pointers.
C-USA Team Notes & Records
- Tulane drilled 9-of-14 three pointers against East Carolina, with the percentage of .643 checking in as the fourth-highest readout in tournament history.
- Memphis attempted the second-most free throws (41) in tournament history vs. Southern Miss. It hit 27 of them, which ranks tied eighth in the event.
- UTEP & Southern Miss combined for 171 points to tied as the fourth-highest output in the history of the tournament, equaling the mark set by Tulane and DePaul in an 88-83 Green Wave quarterfinal win on March 2, 2002, in Chicago, Ill., and just nine points shy of the all-time record of 180 established by East Carolina (102) and Southern Miss on March 8, 2010, in Tulsa, Okla.
- UTEP's 92 points against the Lady Eagles is the fifth-highest single-season total in the 17-year history of the C-USA Championship.
- The Lady Eagles' 10 3-pointers ranks eighth in C-USA Championship history, equaling the marks of TCU vs Louisville on March 6, 2004, Marquette vs. Memphis on March 6, 2003, TCU vs Tulane on March 3, 2002, Cincinnati vs. Tulane on Feb. 28, 1998, and Louisville vs. Marquette on March 1, 1998.
- UTEP's 27 free throws made ranks tied for eighth in C-USA Championship history, joining Memphis vs. Southern Miss on March 9, 2011, and Charlotte vs. Memphis on March 4, 2000.
- The Miners' eight blocks against Southern Miss ranks tied for fourth in C-USA Championship history. It is the fifth time a team had eight blocks in a championship tournament contest with the most recent coming UCF vs. Southern Miss on March 6, 2008.
Southern Miss Outlasted 81-60 by WKU
Southern Miss Prepares for 2017 Championship Rematch
Second Half Southern Miss Comeback Falls Short at Charlotte
Southern Miss Opens C-USA Play with Road Slate
Southern Miss Surges Past Blue Mountain 96-46
Southern Miss Returns for Final Non-Conference Contest
New Video Boards Being Installed at Reed Green Coliseum
Southern Miss Drops 63-44 Contest to Georgia Tech
Southern Miss Finishes Road Swing in Atlanta