Men's Tennis 21-Win Season Comes to A Close
Murfreesboro, Tenn. – After defeating FAU 4-3 on Friday, the Southern Miss men’s tennis season came to a close with a 4-0 loss to Old Dominion on Saturday. The Golden Eagles finished the season with a 21-5 record, the second best record in Southern Miss history.
This year the men’s tennis team reached the semifinals of the C-USA tournament for first time since 2009. This season marks Zubin Engineer’s best during his four-year tenure at Southern Miss.
Jorman Reyes finished the season with the best win-loss record on the team at 22-2. Reyes now holds the second best win streak record at 11, which occurred twice this season.
Senior Chao-Yu Huang concluded his career with a doubles win in the semifinals at the conference championship and earned a 68-27 record in his four years as a Golden Eagle.
1. #50 Adam Moundir (ODU) def. Wen-Po Tseng (USM) 6-3, 6-4
2. Michael Weindl (ODU) def. Daniel Merker (USM) 7-5, 6-0
3. Javier Jover Maestre (ODU) def. Teeradon Tortrakul (USM) 6-1, 6-1
4. Jacob Nicolussi (ODU) vs. Chao-Yu Huang (USM) 7-5, 3-2, unfinished
5. Aziz Kijametovic (ODU) vs. Jorman Reyes (USM) 6-7 (4-7), 1-4, unfinished
6. Justin Herrera (ODU) vs. Rakshit Rishi (USM) 4-6, 1-3, unfinished
1. Adam Moundir/Javier Jover Maestre (ODU) def. Daniel Merker/Jorman Reyes (USM) 6-0
2. Wen-Po Tseng/Chao-Yu Huang (USM) def. Aziz Kijametovic/Jose Nunez Navarro (ODU) 6-4
3. Michael Weindl/Jacob Nicolussi (ODU) def. Teeradon Tortrakul/Rakshit Rishi (USM) 6-4