Men's Tennis Set Season-High Win Streak
HATTIESBURG, Miss. – The Southern Miss men’s tennis team set a season-high eight-match win streak after Monday’s 7-0 win against Loyola (N.O.) at the Southern Miss Tennis Facility.
All six Golden Eagles improved their win streaks in singles play after Monday’s match. Senior, Rakshit Rishi and doubles partner Teeradon Totrakul defeated their opponents 6-0 for the second straight match on court 3. Southern Miss took advantage of the early win on court 3 and won the point after seniors Wen-Po Tseng and Chao-Yu Huang won 6-3.
With his 6-4, 6-3 win on court 4, Jorman Reyes now has the best singles win percentage, .952 (20-1), in Southern Miss history. Reyes is riding a nine-match win streak.
Tseng also extended his win streak to two matches on court 1 with an easy 6-1, 6-0 win. Tseng has competed 19 of the 20 matches on court 1. Rishi clinched the match on court 5 after cruising past his opponent in a 6-1, 6-2 win for his third win in a row.
The Golden Eagles improve to 18-4 and host Alabama A&M on Thursday at 2 p.m.
1. Daniel Merker/Jorman Reyes (USM) def. Steven Le/Ernesto de Diego (LNO) 6-3
2. Wen-Po Tseng/Chao-Yu Huang (USM) def. Sean Presti/Maxime Rumeau (LNO) 6-3
3. Rakshit Rishi/Teeradon Tortrakul (USM) def. Alexander DePascual/Galileo Cabrales (LNO) 6-0
1. Wen-Po Tseng (USM) def. Steven Le (LNO) 6-1, 6-0
2. Daniel Merker (USM) def. Galileo Cabrales (LNO) 7-6, 7-5
3. Chao-Yu Huang (USM) def. Maxime Rumeau (LNO) 6-1, 6-0
4. Jorman Reyes (USM) def. Ernesto de Diego (LNO) 6-4, 6-3
5. Rakshit Rishi (USM) def. Alexander DePascual (LNO) 6-1, 6-2
6. Mikhail Esipov (USM) def. Sean Presti (LNO) 6-7, 6-1, 10-2