Men's Tennis Record Second Win At Hilton Head
HILTON HEAD, S.C. – Southern Miss men’s tennis (12-4) swept doubles on their way to a 5-2 win against West Liberty on Thursday.
The Golden Eagles picked up three wins on the doubles courts. Chao-Yu Huang and Wen-Po Tseng didn’t drop a game (6-0) on court 2 recording their fifth win in a row. Teeradon Tortrakul and Chris Wilkins were paired together for the first time of the season and won 7-5.
Jorman Reyes and Huang lead the Golden Eagles with 14 and 13 wins, respectively, each in singles play. Reyes defeated Santiago Gutierrez 6-1, 6-4 on court 4. Nine of Reyes’s 14 wins came on court 4. Huang won his match on court 3 6-0, 6-2.
Senior, Rakshit Rishi improved to 8-2 this season with a 7-5, 6-2 win against Pablo Cimorra.
The Golden Eagles conclude their three-match trip in South Carolina when they face George Mason, tomorrow, at 10 a.m. The Patriots are 5-4 entering Friday’s match and have a three-match win streak before facing the Golden Eagles.
1. Daniel Merker/Jorman Reyes (USM) def. Baptiste Perrin/Andrew Ponder (WLIB) 6-2
2. Wen-Po Tseng/Chao-Yu Huang (USM) def. Andrew Ponder/Matt Tully (WLIB) 6-0
3. Teeradon Tortrakul/Chris Wilkins (USM) def. Pablo Cimorra/Camilo Moncayo (WLIB) 7-5
1. Wen-Po Tseng (USM) def. Baptiste Perrin (WLIB) 6-2, 1-6, 10-5
2. Andrew Ponder (WLIB) def. Daniel Merker (USM) 7-6, 7-6
3. Chao-Yu Huang (USM) def. Matt Tully (WLIB) 6-0, 6-2
4. Jorman Reyes (USM) def. Santiago Gutierrez (WLIB) 6-1, 6-4
5. Rakshit Rishi (USM) def. Pablo Cimorra (WLIB) 7-5, 6-2
6. Camilo Moncayo (WLIB) def. Chris Wilkins (USM) 7-5, 6-1