Football Becomes Bowl Eligible with Win over Rice Saturday
HATTIESBURG, Miss. - With its 43-34 victory Saturday over Rice, the Southern Miss football team captured its sixth victory and became bowl eligible for the third-straight season.
The Golden Eagles now have registered at least six victories in a season for the 21st time in the last 24 campaigns and have played in a postseason bowl contest in 16 of the last 20 seasons heading into the 2017 campaign.
While the team has six countable victories, Southern Miss must win at least one of its final two regular-season contests to help assure themselves of a bowl game this December.
Conference USA has secured guaranteed commitments with the following bowl partners: R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl, Gildan New Mexico Bowl, Boca Raton Bowl, Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl, Bahamas Bowl and Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl. The league also enjoys a secondary bowl tie-in with the Walk-On's Independence Bowl.
The Southern Miss Athletic Ticket Office is now accepting bowl requests online at SouthernMissTickets.com, by calling 1-800-844-TICK (8425) or by visiting the Pat Ferlise Ticket Office weekdays from 8 a.m., until 5 p.m. The Southern Miss Department of Athletics ask fans to purchase their bowl tickets through the Southern Miss Athletic Ticket Office as it assures fans that they will sit together with fellow Golden Eagles at the bowl game and helps in the school's effort in showing bowl games about its fan support for the event.
Fans can use the direct link here to request bowl tickets.
The following are the bowl games with their respective dates and game times (All Times Central):
- R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl (New Orleans, La.) - Dec. 16 - 12 p.m.
- Gildan New Mexico Bowl (Albuquerque, N.M.) - Dec. 16 - 3:30 p.m.
- Boca Raton Bowl (Boca Raton, Fla.) - Dec. 19 – 6 p.m.
- Bad Boy Motors Gasparilla Bowl (St. Petersburg, Fla.) - Dec. 21 – 7 p.m.
- Bahamas Bowl (Nassau, Bahamas) - Dec. 22 - 11:30 a.m.
- Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl (Forth Worth Texas) - Dec. 23 - 2:30 p.m.
- Walk-On's Independence Bowl (Shreveport, La.) - Dec. 27 - 12:30 p.m.