Oct. 5, 2012
Southern Miss-Boise State Post Game Quotes
Southern Miss-Boise State Post Game Quotes. The Glden Eagles fell to Boise State, 24-7.
Ticket Information: SouthernMissTickets.com | 1-800-844-TICK (8425) or 601-266-5418
Southern Miss IMG Sports Network
John Cox, 35th season, play-by-play
Vic Purvis, 39th season, analyst
Bo Morgan, sideline coordinator, 3rd season
Joe Bryant, spotter/statistician, 5th season
FSN Joel Meyers, play-by-play
Brian Baldinger, analys | Jim Knox, sidelines
Noting the Golden Eagles
- Southern Miss will honor the national and conference championship teams over the school's first 100 years during the Boise State game. The UPI College Division national championship teams include the 1958 and 1962 squads, as well as the 1948, 1950 and 1951 Gulf State Conference title teams as well as the Conference USA champs from 1996, 1997, 1999, 2003 and 2011, will be recognized.
- The 1962 team is being honored on the 50th anniversary of their national championship season. That team also finished No. 2 in the Associated Press college division poll that season.
- Despite losing last week to nationally ranked Louisville, the Golden Eagles rushed for a season-high 284 yards on 48 carries.
- On defense, senior Reggie Hunt collected Southern Miss' first defensive touchdown by intercepting a pass and returning it 23 yards for a score. It was the first interception return for a touchdown since Ronnie Thornton returned a Houston pass 26 yards for a touchdown in last year's C-USA title game.
- The loss to Louisville snapped a three-game winning streak at home against Automatic Qualifying Conference schools. The streak had including wins over North Carolina State (2006), Virginia (2009) and Kansas (2010).
The Boise State Series
- The two teams have met twice in their football history with Boise State winning both games - a 38-16 decision in Boise on Sept. 27, 2007 and a 24-7 win in Hattiesburg on Oct. 11, 2008.
- The last meeting in Hattiesburg featured a battle of two freshmen QBs - Kellen Moore for Boise State and Austin Davis for Southern Miss - both leading their programs to great heights during their respective tenures.
- In the previous game in Hattiesburg, all 31 points were scored in the second quarter.
- The Golden Eagles end the non-conference portion of their schedule this week when they entertain Boise State.
- This will be the first time since 2000 that USM will play ranked teams in consecutive games. Southern Miss began the season at No. 12 Tennessee (L, 19-16, Sept. 2) and then defeated No. 13 Alabama 21 (Sept. 16).
- This will be the first time since 2003 that the Golden Eagles will have played three ranked teams in the same season as the school as played at least one ranked team in each year since 2003.
|Follow SouthernMissFootball:||Follow @SouthernMissFB|