June 18, 2014
HATTIESBURG, Miss. - Do you think you have what it takes to be the next Seymour? Then sign-up today for the Seymour tryouts! Those selected will carry on the prestigious Southern Miss tradition of appearing as Seymour for various athletic events and functions during the 2014-15 school year. Qualified applicants must exhibit a high-level of school spirit and Golden Eagle pride.
When: Saturday, July 12 - 12-5 p.m.
Where: Payne Center (Dogwood Studio)
Who: Open to current Southern Miss students or incoming students
- Must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA and a 2.0 GPA for the Fall Semester
- Transfers or incoming students must be accepted into the University prior to tryouts
- Each contender must perform an improvisational skit with the Seymour mascot suit. The skit will be dictated by the judges.
- Each mascot must pass an endurance test. This is primarily a cardiovascular test but also gives each contender an idea of what football season is like.
- Each mascot must go through a series of interviews.
- Applicants must also turn in a tryout application, proof of medical insurance and a liability waiver before being allowed to tryout.
For more information contact Director of Marketing and Sales Kyle George at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Follow SouthernMissFootball:||Follow @SouthernMissFB|