Post Game Notes
Southern Miss 44, Memphis 7
Nov. 26, 2011
- Today's captains were linebacker Jamie Collins, wide receiver William Spight, offensive line Lamar Holmes, defensive lineman Terrance Pope.
- Tonight's attendance was 26,347.
- Southern Miss improves to 40-21-1 all-time against Memphis and 20-3 in games played in Hattiesburg.
- Head Coach Larry Fedora is now 21-12 all-time in conference games 12-4 in conference home games.
- The Golden Eagles scored their ninth and 10th non-offensive touchdown this season with Deron Wilson's interception return for a touchdown and Kendrick Presley's interception for a touchdown.
- Southern Miss posted just its third 10-win season in its history. The other two came in 1952 and 1988.
- Southern Miss has now won two C-USA East Division championships, the other coming in 2006.
- The Golden Eagles finished 6-0 at home for the second time under Larry Fedora with the other time coming in 2009. It was the 10th time Southern Miss has finished undefeated at home during a season since 1976.
- Southern Miss is now 130-44 at home since 1976.
- Senior Austin Davis has thrown a 77 career touchdown passes with his two TD passes tonight.
- Ryan Balentine scored his seventh touchdown this season and seventh of his career.
- Desmond Johnson 56-yard reception was the longest of his career.
- The 49-yard TD flea-flicker pass to Tracey Lampley was the fourth one-play drive of the season.
- Tracey Lampley recorded his first receiving TD on a 49-yard reception from Davis.
- Austin Davis has rushed for four touchdowns this season and 25 in his career.
- The 24 points scored in the second quarter is the most points scored in a quarter this season.
- This is the second time the defense has held the opponents scoreless in the first half, the other time coming in the season opener against Louisiana Tech.
- Deron Wilson returned his second touchdown of the season via an interception (35 yards) and his third for his career and fourth overall touchdown - scoring on a 7-yard punt block return against Kansas (9/17/10).
- Kendrick Presley returned an interception for school record 100 yards. That was his first interception returned for a touchdown and surpassed the previous long of 97 set by Jamie Collins against East Carolina earlier this season.
- This is third game this season the Golden Eagles have had two interceptions returned for a touchdown.
- The seven interceptions returned for touchdowns this season is a school record. The previous record was five in 1992.
- The Southern Miss defense has held its opponents to under 100 yards rushing for the sixth time this season and the seven yards is the second fewest rushing allowed in the Fedora era (4 yards versus SMU in 2008).
Special Teams Notes
Football Finishes Home Slate with Charlotte on Saturday
Tarvarius Moore Has Enjoyed Solid Senior Campaign
Final Friday Football Luncheon for 2017 Set at Mugshots this Week
Football Enjoys Offensive Explosion Last Saturday at Rice
Racheem Boothe named C-USA Defensive Player of the Week
Southern Miss Football Coach Jay Hopson Holds Weekly News Conference (Nov. 13)
Golden Eagle Hotline Returns Tonight at Georgia Blue
Football Becomes Bowl Eligible with Win over Rice Saturday
Southern Miss Downs Rice, 43-34