Southern Miss Postgame Notes
* Attendance: 18,361
* Southern Miss improved to 8-4 on the season and finished 6-2 in C-USA play.
* The eight wins are the most for the Golden Eagles since winning nine in 2015.
* Captains – 6 Kelsey Douglas, 11 Julian Allen, 45 Derrick Dixon
* Marshall won the coin toss and deferred until the second half. Southern Miss will defended the north goal.
* The game remained scoreless through the first quarter. It was the first time a Southern Miss game remained scoreless through a quarter since the season opener at home against Kentucky. The Golden Eagles have limited its opponents to zero points seven times this season and for the third game in a row.
* This was the first time this season the Golden Eagles were tied at the half, 14-14. The Golden Eagles are now 2-1 when they are tied at the half under Jay Hopson.
* The Golden Eagles won for the first time in Huntington since 2009 and now lead the series 7-6 over the Thundering Herd.
* The five road victories for the Golden Eagles are the most since the team went 5-2 during the regular season in 2000.
* Korey Robertson became the seventh Golden Eagle receiver with 1,000 yards receiving in a season with 118 yards on seven catches. He now has 1,070 yards receiving. Robertson also collected a 16-yard touchdown catch to give him 11 for the season, tying his for fourth on the school’s single-season chart with Todd Pinkston (1999). His seven catches against Marshall give him 72 for the season, putting him in second place on the school’s single-season chart ahead of Mike Thomas (71/2015).
* Robertson’s 100-yard receiving game was his fifth of the season and eighth for the Golden Eagles in 2017.
* With his 27-yard rush in the second quarter, Ito Smith became the school’s all-time all-purpose yard leader. Smith ended the day with 162 all-purpose yards and currently has 6,344, surpassing Damion Fletcher (2006-09), who previously held the school lead with 6,253 yards.
* Smith also registered his 42nd career rushing touchdown in the second quarter, trailing just Fletcher for the most in school history. Fletcher tallied 44 in his career.
* Smith also moved into the top five career on the receptions chart with 136, after three catches against Marshall.
* Smith finished with 150 rushing yards, which was his 23 rd 100-yard rushing game for his career, seventh this season and third in a row.
* Allenzae Staggers caught his fourth and fifth TD catches of the year and first since the North Texas contest.
* The Golden Eagles did not surrender a sack in the contest.
* Tarvarius Moore forced his first fumble of his career and Curtis Mikell recovered his first fumble of the year and second of his career on Marshall’s first drive of the afternoon.
* Moore also tallied his third interception of the season and fifth of his career in the third quarter.
* Thigpen forced his second fumble of the season and fourth of his career, while Allen Fails, Jr., recovered his first of his career.
* Kelsey Douglas collected a team-high nine tackle performance for Southern Miss.
Special Teams Notes
* Parker Shaunfield missed a 36-yard field goal in the opening quarter, snapping a string of 15-straight made attempts.
* Xavier Thigpen blocked a Marshall field goal in the fourth quarter for his first of the season and second of his career.
Dylan Bradley was the last Golden Eagle to block a field goal, coming against Marshall, Oct. 29, 2016.