Nov. 23, 2013
** 2013 Senior Day **
Middle Tennessee wins toss and defers to the second half. Southern Miss will receive to start game.
- Prior to the start of the game, Southern Miss honored its seniors who played in their final home game at Carlisle-Faulkner Field at M.M. Roberts Stadium.
- With a career-high three touchdown passes against Middle Tennessee, QB Nick Mullens has at least one touchdown pass in four of his five starts - North Texas (1), Marshall (1), Louisiana Tech and Middle Tennessee (3). Mullens' previous career-high came against East Carolina (2) in relief of starter Allan Bridgford.
- Middle Tennessee recorded 10 tackles for loss, including seven sacks in the first half. The school record in a game for sacks allowed is 10 by Tennessee in 2000. Southern Miss record for tackles for losses allowed is 18by Alabama in 1999.
- QB Nick Mullens entered the game averaging 250.0 yards per game as a starter. The true freshman was 13-for-20 in the first half for 145 yards. Mullens finished the game 27-for-47 for 289 yards and three touchdowns.
- Senior RB Kendrick Hardy finished the game two receptions for 30 yards including a 16-yard touchdown. Prior to the Middle Tennessee game, Hardy had two receptions for a total of three yards this season.
- Running backs Kendrick Hardy and Jalen Richard each finished the game with 11 carries, combining for 122 yards. Richard led the way with 69 yards, while Hardy finished with 53. Hardy had a game-long 22-yard carry, while Richard's long in the game was 15.
- Tyre'oune Holmes finished the game with three receptions for 38 yards, including a 21-yard touchdown reception.
- Markese Triplett finished the game with 101 yards receiving. The wide receiver recorded six reception, including a long of 29 yards. The most yards receiving this season for the Golden Eagles came against Texas State on Aug. 31 as Rickey Bradley tallied 193 yards.
- Nine different players caught a pass in the game as the Golden Eagles tallied 289 yards passing.
|Follow SouthernMissFootball:||Follow @SouthernMissFB|