Post Game Notes
UTEP 34, Southern Miss 33
Nov. 17, 2012
- Tonight's captains were linebacker Jamie Collins and punter Peter Boehme.
- Today's attendance was 23,757.
- Southern Miss falls to 0-11 on the season.
- Southern Miss is now 3-3 all-time against UTEP and 0-2 at home.
- The Golden Eagles finish the home schedule with a 0-6 record. It is first time that Southern Miss has gone winless at home since 1977.
- Southern Miss scored first for just the third time this year. It also scored first against East Carolina and UAB.
- Arsenio Favor was 16-of-22 for a career-high 377 yards. It is his first career 300-yard passing game, and it is the fifth highest passing day in school history.
- It is also the first 300-yard yard passing day since Austin Davis did it last year against UCF (Nov. 12).
- Favor connected on touchdown passes of 41 yards to Dominique Sullivan and 81 yards to Quentin Pierce.
- The two touchdown passes were the first two of Favor's career.
- Favor also scored on a two-yard touchdown rush for the third rushing touchdown of his career.
- The 81-yard pass to Pierce was the longest completion and reception for both Favor and Pierce in their careers.
- Sullivan's touchdown reception was his third of the season and fourth of his career.
- Sullivan caught two passes for a career-high 87 yards.
- Pierce's touchdown reception was his first of the season and eighth of his career.
- Pierce caught two passes for a career-high 125 yards. It is the second 100-yard receiving day of his career.
- Desmond Johnson scored on a one-yard rush in the second quarter. It was his third touchdown of the year and 14th of his career.
- Southern Miss held UTEP without a touchdown in the first quarter. It is just the third time this season that it held a team without a touchdown in the first quarter.
- Linebacker Jamie Collins a sack in the first quarter. He now has 10 sacks on the year and 21 in his career.
- Collins' 10 sacks tie him with Chris Jackson (1983) for fifth-place for most sacks in a season.
- Rakeem Nunez-Roches recorded his second career sack.
Special Teams Notes
- Corey Acosta connected on field goals of 29 and 36 yards.
Football Returns Home to Face UTEP for Homecoming
Line Depth Providing Spark for Golden Eagle Defense
Friday Football Luncheon Returns to Mugshots this Week
Keon Howard Comes Up Big in First Victory as Golden Eagle Starting Quarterback
Several promotions, ticket specials on hand for Saturday's Homecoming
Ito Smith Named C-USA Offensive Player of the Week
Coach Hopson Media Conference (OCt. 9)
Golden Eagle Hotline Returns Tonight at Georgia Blue
Football Holds Off UTSA for a 31-29 C-USA Road Victory