Nov. 17, 2012
- Tonight's captains were linebacker Jamie Collins and punter Peter Boehme.
- Today's attendance was 23,757.
- Southern Miss falls to 0-11 on the season.
- Southern Miss is now 3-3 all-time against UTEP and 0-2 at home.
- The Golden Eagles finish the home schedule with a 0-6 record. It is first time that Southern Miss has gone winless at home since 1977.
- Southern Miss scored first for just the third time this year. It also scored first against East Carolina and UAB.
- Arsenio Favor was 16-of-22 for a career-high 377 yards. It is his first career 300-yard passing game, and it is the fifth highest passing day in school history.
- It is also the first 300-yard yard passing day since Austin Davis did it last year against UCF (Nov. 12).
- Favor connected on touchdown passes of 41 yards to Dominique Sullivan and 81 yards to Quentin Pierce.
- The two touchdown passes were the first two of Favor's career.
- Favor also scored on a two-yard touchdown rush for the third rushing touchdown of his career.
- The 81-yard pass to Pierce was the longest completion and reception for both Favor and Pierce in their careers.
- Sullivan's touchdown reception was his third of the season and fourth of his career.
- Sullivan caught two passes for a career-high 87 yards.
- Pierce's touchdown reception was his first of the season and eighth of his career.
- Pierce caught two passes for a career-high 125 yards. It is the second 100-yard receiving day of his career.
- Desmond Johnson scored on a one-yard rush in the second quarter. It was his third touchdown of the year and 14th of his career.
- Southern Miss held UTEP without a touchdown in the first quarter. It is just the third time this season that it held a team without a touchdown in the first quarter.
- Linebacker Jamie Collins a sack in the first quarter. He now has 10 sacks on the year and 21 in his career.
- Collins' 10 sacks tie him with Chris Jackson (1983) for fifth-place for most sacks in a season.
- Rakeem Nunez-Roches recorded his second career sack.
Special Teams Notes
- Corey Acosta connected on field goals of 29 and 36 yards.
|Follow SouthernMissFootball:||Follow @SouthernMissFB|