Post Game Notes
Nov. 17, 2011
- Team captains for tonight's game were #68 Joe Duhon, #34 Danny Hrapmann, #49 Cordarro Law and #8 Jamie Collins.
- Down 24-21 at the half, Southern Miss trailed at the half for the first time this season.
- With the loss, Southern Miss moves to 9-2, 5-2 on the season and 9-3 all-time in the series against UAB. The Blazers have won three in a row.
- The Golden Eagles still control the East Division of Conference USA and can clinch with a victory over Memphis at home next weekend.
- Southern Miss' first offensive play went for 34 yards to Ryan Balentine for a touchdown. It was the third one-play scoring drive of the season for the Golden Eagles and shortest of the year at 10 seconds.
- It was Balentine's sixth touchdown of the season.
- Kelvin Bolden scored on the second drive with a 38-yard reception from Austin Davis. It was his sixth of the year.
- With an eight-yard pass to Quentin Pierce, Davis became the first Southern Miss QB to pass for over 10,000 yards in a career.
- Austin Davis rushed for his third touchdown of the season. It was his 24th career rushing touchdown.
- Jacorius Cotton forced his first fumble of the season on UAB's opening drive. It was recovered by Khyri Thornton, his first recovery of the year.
- The Golden Eagle defense held UAB scoreless in the third quarter. It is the third time this season they have held the opponent scoreless in that period (Southeastern Louisiana and SMU).
- Cotton finished the game with 17 tackles, a season and career high.
- It was also an individual single game high for the Golden Eagles.
- Jamie Collins added 1.5 tackles for loss. He now has a team-high 15.0 tackles for loss on the season.
Special Teams Notes
- Southern Miss recovered their second kickoff of the game with a Danny Hrapmann onside kick. It was recovered by Jamie Collins and the team is now 2-for-2 when it attempts an onside kick (Last at Marshall, 9/10) this season.
- Peter Boehme executed a fake field goal for a 10-yard pass completion to Ryan Hanks for a touchdown. It was the second consecutive week he has executed a fake special teams play for a pass completion.
- Jeremy Hester's 38-yard kickoff return in the second quarter was a season-long for him.
Golden Eagles Set to Play Florida State Wednesday in Walk-On's Independence Bowl
Allen Fails Jr., Talks about his trip to Shreveport for the Walk-On's Independence Bowl
Christmas Day Quiet for Southern Miss Football
Golden Eagles spend time in the Shreveport Community on the day before Christmas
Football Arrives in Shreveport for Walk-On's Independence Bowl
Five Bowl Game Memories: 1988 Independence Bowl
Five Bowl Game Memories: 2008 New Orleans Bowl
Five Bowl Game Memories: 2000 GMAC Bowl
2018 Southern Miss Football Recruiting Class