Nov. 9, 2013
- Louisiana Tech wins the coin toss; LA Tech deferred until the second half.
- The Southern Miss vs. Louisiana Tech game featured rain, marking the third consecutive contest between the two schools that it rained. In 2011, the two teams played in Hattiesburg during Tropical Storm Lee with the Golden Eagles winning, 19-17.
- Quarterback Nick Mullens finished the game with 298 yards passing, marking the third consecutive game - all three of his starts - that the true freshman has notched 200 or more yards passing. Last game at Marshall, Mullens became the first true-freshman quarterback to throw for over 300 yards (323). Mullens finished two yards short of his second consecutive 300-yard game.
- Trye Bracken finished the game with a career-best seven catches for a career-high 81 yards. Bracken's previous high was four catches twice this season. Bracken finished 2012 with four total receptions for 80 yards.
- Corey Acosta nailed a 50-yard field goal as time expired in the first half. The field goal was Acosta's longest of the season and just one yard short of his career long of 51 - set against Marshall on Oct. 20, 2012. Acosta is 3-for-3 in his career from 50-yards or more.
- Marquise Ricard set a season-high with 74 yards receiving and season-best with five receptions. Ricard had a game-long 21-yard reception.
- The Southern Miss defense held Louisiana Tech to just 158 yards passing, the third lowest total of the season. The Golden Eagles held Arkansas to 69 yards passing and Texas State to 134 yards.
- Nic Bekkers blocked a Louisiana Tech punt in the fourth quarter, marking the first time this season the Golden Eagles blocked a punt. The last punt blocked by USM was Jeremy Hester against UAB on Nov. 3, 2012.
- Terrick Wright forced a fumble in the second quarter which was recovered by C.J. Perry. The fumble recovery was the first of Perry's career.
- Kyle Sloter recorded his first career reception in the second quarter against Louisiana Tech. Sloter was moved to wide receiver in preseason camp after starting his Southern Miss career as a quarterback. The redshirt freshman scored his first collegiate touchdown in the fourth quarter - an 8-yard reception from quarterback Nick Mullens.
- The first half between Southern Miss and Louisiana Tech was penalty free. Both teams finished the game with three penalties apiece.
- Southern Miss allowed a safety with 11:48 remaining in the first half. George Payne was stopped in the end zone by DeAngelo Brooks. First safety allowed by the Golden Eagles since Sept. 10, 2011 against Marshall as the Herd's Vinny Curry tackled Kendrick Hardy in the end zone.
- Southern Miss threw four interceptions against Louisiana Tech, the most interceptions thrown since Oct. 3, 2007 against Rice.
|Follow SouthernMissFootball:||Follow @SouthernMissFB|