Southern Miss Postgame Notes from UAB Game
The Golden Eagles have now won eight times over the Blazers.
Nov. 3, 2007
* Southern Miss now leads the series 8-0, having won all five times in games played at Legion Field in Birmingham. The 37 points ties the most ever in the series for the Golden Eagles (2005) and it also marked the largest margin of victory in the eight-game series.
* Sophomore running back Damion Fletcher has now rushed for more yards than any other Golden Eagle running back in consecutive seasons with 2,378 yards, surpassing Ben Garry, who tallied 2,340 in 1976-77. Fletcher finished the game with 67 yards on carries with one touchdown (he now has 21 for his career).
* The Golden Eagles scored first for the sixth time in nine games this season with a first-quarter field goal from Justin Estes.
* Estes converted his sixth field goal attempt in his last seven tries over the last three games and is now 4-of-7 from 40 yards or longer as he converted two 40 yards and a season-best 43 in the contest.
* Ed Morgan recorded his first two touchdown receptions of the season - from four and 36 yards - and now has three for his career. He tallied season-highs of three catches and 47 yards.
* Senior Jeremy Young, making his first start five games, notched his first multi-touchdown passing game with two and registered the fourth of his career. He has thrown at least one touchdown pass in each of the games that he has made a pass attempt this season.
* The Golden Eagles first-half points was the most by the squad this season as they posted a season high for points in the contest, while UAB was shutout for the first time in the opening half this season.
* Freshman Antwain Easterling made his collegiate debut with a team-high 85 yards on 16 carries.
* The Golden Eagles limited UAB to Southern Miss' season low for rushing yards with 65 as it was the fourth time this season that the defense limited its opponent to under 100 yards this season.
* Southern Miss rushed for a season-best 338 yards as they compiled their second 300-yard rushing perfomance of the season. The other was 310 yards against Tennessee-Martin.
* The Golden Eagles improved to 27-0 since 2001 when they score at least 30 points in a contest.
* Southern Miss threw for a season-low 118 yards.
* The Golden Eagles have now won three Conference USA games on the road in each of the last three seasons.