Post Game Notes
Oct. 31, 2011
- Tonight's captains were wide receiver Kelvin Bolden, defensive back Kendrick Presley, offensive lineman Lamar Holmes and defensive lineman Deddrick Jones.
- Southern Miss is 7-1 for the first time since 1996.
- The Golden Eagles improve to 3-2 against UTEP.
- Under Head Coach Larry Fedora, Southern Miss is now 6-2 against schools from the state of Texas.
- Southern Miss improves to 2-2 in games played in the Sun Bowl.
- Southern Miss has scored at least 31 points in four of the five meetings.
- Southern Miss had 450 yards of total offense, the fourth straight game it has gone over 400 yards.
- Senior quarterback Austin Davis was 17-of-31 for 190 yards and three touchdowns.
- Davis's 17 completions give him 822 for his career, passing Memphis's Danny Wimprine for seventh all-time on the C-USA passing completions list.
- Davis connected on a one-yard touchdown to Ryan Balentine, a 47-yard touchdown to Quentin Pierce and a 15-yard touchdown to Dominique Sullivan.
- Davis now has six multi-touchdown games of the year and 24 on his career.
- Davis has 17 touchdowns on the year and 70 in his career, passing Tulane's Shaun King for 12th-place all-time in Conference USA for career touchdown passes.
- With his three touchdowns, Davis has 93 total touchdowns in his career, tying Memphis's Danny Wimprine for sixth-place in CUSA's all-time touchdowns responsible for list.
- Balentine has five touchdown receptions on the season and career.
- It was Pierce's first touchdown of his career and seventh of his career.
- Sullivan's touchdown was the first of his career.
- Jamal Woodyard rushed 16 times for a career-high 134 yards and a touchdown.
- It is Woodyard's second straight 100-yard game, and the fourth consecutive game with a 100-yard rusher.
- Woodyard's 68-yard touchdown run was the longest rush of his career.
- The first two touchdown drives lasted 0:46 and 0:11 seconds, respectively. The 0:11 second drive is the shortest scoring drive this year, and Southern Miss now has six scoring drives of less than one minute this year.
- Pierce caught two passes for a season-high 57 yards.
- UTEP's first quarter touchdown was the first, first quarter points allowed by Southern Miss in the last four games.
- Cameron O'sNeal forced his first fumble of the season and second of his career.
- Alan Howze recovered his first career fumble.
- Deron Wilson recorded his first interception of the season and fourth of his career.
- The Golden Eagles have now forced turnovers in 42 of 47 games during the Fedora era and have at two or more in 32 contests. The team is 26-16 when forcing at least one turnover and 23-9 when forcing multiple takeaways.
- Cordarro Law recorded his fifth sack of the year. He now has 23.5 on his career, passing UAB's Larry McSwain and Louisville's Marcus Jones for 13th all-time in C-USA.
- Terrance Pope and Ronnie Thornton each had a half sack.
Special Teams Notes
- Danny Hrapmann connected on a 27 yard field goal, giving him 41 on his career to tie Steve Clark for second-place on the school's all-time list.
- Hrapmann's had two field goal attempts, giving him 56 for his career, passing Houston's Dustin Bell for 15th-place all-time in Conference USA.
- Hrapmann's seven points gives him 227 career points, passing Bell for 15th-place all-time in points scored by kicking.
Southern Miss Announces 2018 Homecoming Game
Five Golden Eagles enjoy postseason showcases
Southern Miss Announces Football Signing Day Schedule
Football Releases 2018 Schedule
Football Season Ticket Pricing Announced for 2018
Southern Miss Falls to Florida State in Independence Bowl
Golden Eagles Set to Play Florida State Wednesday in Walk-On's Independence Bowl
Allen Fails Jr., Talks about his trip to Shreveport for the Walk-On's Independence Bowl
Christmas Day Quiet for Southern Miss Football