Oct. 29, 2007
Oct. 28, 2007
Roberts Stadium/Hattiesburg, Miss.
(Attendance - 27,103)
* Tonight's captains for Southern Miss were No. 18 Eddie Hicks, No. 72 Calvin Wilson and No. 97 Martavius Prince.
*The 34-17 decision gave Southern Miss its' first-ever loss to UCF in a series that dates back to 2005. The Golden Eagles won the previous two meetings.
* Senior offensive lineman Chris Clark tallied his 34th straight start, the first 30 coming at left tackle with the last four at left guard.
* Sophomore Tory Harrison's two touchdowns gave him his first multiple-touchdown performance of his career. It now gives him four touchdowns for his career.
* Harrison's two touchdowns were also his first two of the season.
* Redshirt freshman defensive lineman Anthony Gray saw his first action of his career. Gray's been out all year with a ruptured heal.
* Redshirt senior quarterback Jeremy Young saw his first action since September 27 at Boise State.
* Sophomore Damion Fletcher finished with 134 yards. It was his sixth 100 yard rushing performance in the last eight games this season and the 13th time of his career. He is third by himself in career 100-yard games, behind Ben Garry (1974-77/17) and Derrick Nix (1998-2000, 2002/14).
* Southern Miss' 144 passing yards snaps a six-game streak of throwing for at least 200 yards.
* Sophomore Gerald McRath tallied a career-best 21 tackles which ranks tied for third on the Southern Miss single-game chart. It was the most tackles by a Golden Eagles since Rod Davis tallied 22 in 2003 against Cincinnati.
|Follow SouthernMissFootball:||Follow @SouthernMissFB|