Post Game Notes
North Texas 55, Southern Miss 14
Oct. 26, 2013
- Today's captains were linebackers Terrick Wright and Dylan Reda, defensive back David Bertucci and running back Jeremy Hester.
- North Texas won the toss and deferred to the second half.
- Today's attendance was 23,203.
- Southern Miss falls to 4-4 all-time against North Texas and 2-2 in Hattiesburg.
- This was the first meeting between the two teams as conference foes.
- The Golden Eagles are 56-21 all-time in homecoming games.
- With the loss, Southern Miss is assured of back-to-back losing seasons for the first time since 1930-31.
- The 110 points are the most given up in back-to-back games since giving up 110 to Houston and Florida State in 1996.
- Southern Miss has now lost 11 straight conference games and 19 games overall.
- Nick Mullens became the fifth true freshman to start at quarterback in school history. He is also the seventh true freshman to start this year.
- Mullens was 12-of-31 for 210 yards and one touchdown.
- Mullens' 59-yard touchdown to Dominique Sullivan was the longest touchdown of the year.
- It was Sullivan's first touchdown reception of the year and fifth of his career.
- Running back George Payne rushed nine times for a career-high 44 yards and one touchdown.
- Payne scored his first career touchdown in the third quarter.
- Sullivan caught two passes for a career-high 97 yards.
- The Southern Miss defense has forced at least one turnover in every game this season and one in the last eight games dating back to last season.
- It is also the second time that the Golden Eagles have forced multiple turnovers.
- It is the first time they have recorded at least four turnovers since East Carolina in 2010.
- Defensive back Ed Wilkins recorded his first career interception in the first quarter.
- Linebacker Dylan Reda recorded a career-high 14 tackles.
- Linebacker Terrick Wright recovered his first career fumble in the third quarter.
- He also recorded his first career interception.
- Defensive lineman JaBoree Poole recovered his first career fumble.
Special Teams Notes
- The Golden Eagles have now missed six consecutive field goals after a 35-yarder was missed in the first quarter.
Parker Shaunfield Named to InTouch Credit Union Conference USA All-Academic Football Team
Football Holds Off Marshall in Regular-Season Finale
Football Finishes Regular Season Saturday at Marshall
Southern Miss Football Gives Back on This Thanksgiving Holiday
Scoring Points Have Been the Trademark of the Golden Eagles over the Last Two Weeks
Kelsey Douglas receives C-USA Defensive Player of the Week honor
Southern Miss Football Coach Jay Hopson Holds Weekly News Conference (Nov. 20)
Final 2017 Football Golden Eagle Hotline Returns Tonight at Georgia Blue
Southern Miss Defeats Charlotte 66-21 on Senior Day