Oct. 26, 2013
- Today's captains were linebackers Terrick Wright and Dylan Reda, defensive back David Bertucci and running back Jeremy Hester.
- North Texas won the toss and deferred to the second half.
- Today's attendance was 23,203.
- Southern Miss falls to 4-4 all-time against North Texas and 2-2 in Hattiesburg.
- This was the first meeting between the two teams as conference foes.
- The Golden Eagles are 56-21 all-time in homecoming games.
- With the loss, Southern Miss is assured of back-to-back losing seasons for the first time since 1930-31.
- The 110 points are the most given up in back-to-back games since giving up 110 to Houston and Florida State in 1996.
- Southern Miss has now lost 11 straight conference games and 19 games overall.
- Nick Mullens became the fifth true freshman to start at quarterback in school history. He is also the seventh true freshman to start this year.
- Mullens was 12-of-31 for 210 yards and one touchdown.
- Mullens' 59-yard touchdown to Dominique Sullivan was the longest touchdown of the year.
- It was Sullivan's first touchdown reception of the year and fifth of his career.
- Running back George Payne rushed nine times for a career-high 44 yards and one touchdown.
- Payne scored his first career touchdown in the third quarter.
- Sullivan caught two passes for a career-high 97 yards.
- The Southern Miss defense has forced at least one turnover in every game this season and one in the last eight games dating back to last season.
- It is also the second time that the Golden Eagles have forced multiple turnovers.
- It is the first time they have recorded at least four turnovers since East Carolina in 2010.
- Defensive back Ed Wilkins recorded his first career interception in the first quarter.
- Linebacker Dylan Reda recorded a career-high 14 tackles.
- Linebacker Terrick Wright recovered his first career fumble in the third quarter.
- He also recorded his first career interception.
- Defensive lineman JaBoree Poole recovered his first career fumble.
Special Teams Notes
- The Golden Eagles have now missed six consecutive field goals after a 35-yarder was missed in the first quarter.
|Follow SouthernMissFootball:||Follow @SouthernMissFB|