Oct. 20, 2012
- Tonight's captains defensive back Emmanuel Johnson, running back Bruce Johnson and Austin Quattrochi.
- Southern Miss won the toss and deferred.
- Today's attendance was 24,903.
- With the loss, Southern Miss is ensured of a losing season for the first time since 1993.
- Southern Miss is now 5-3 all-time against Marshall and 2-2 at home, including having lost the last two meetings.
- The Golden Eagles are now 56-20 all-time in homecoming games.
- The 35-point margin is Southern Miss' worst-ever defeat in Conference USA play.v
- Southern Miss is 0-7 for the first time since 1976.
- Southern Miss' 17 first half points tied a season-high.
- Running back Kendrick Hardy rushed eight times for a season-high 50 yards.
- Running back Desmond Johnson scored on a 22-yard touchdown run in the second quarter. It was his second touchdown of the year and the 13th of his career. It was the Golden Eagles' longest rushing touchdown of the year.
- The 85-yard scoring drive was the team's longest of the season.
- Quarterback Arsenio Favor's 12-yard touchdown rush is the first touchdown of his career.
- The 59 points allowed are the most since allowing 61 to Florida State in 1987.
- The 31 first half points allowed by Southern Miss are the most allowed in a half this year.
- The 629 yards allowed are the most ever at M.M. Roberts Stadium.
- Senior defensive back Deron Wilson recorded four pass breakups. He now has six on the season and 31 for his career, tying Patrick Surtain (1994-97) for second-place on Southern Miss' all-time list.
- Defensive back Kalan Reed recorded a career-high six tackles on the night.
- Reed returned an interception 19 yards for a touchdown in the second quarter.
- It was his first career interception and Southern Miss' second returned for a touchdown this year.
Special Teams Notes
|Follow SouthernMissFootball:||Follow @SouthernMissFB|