Post Game Notes
Oct. 19, 2013
- Today's Golden Eagle captains - #12 Emmanuel Johnson, #16 Alex Smith, #66 Jordan Greene, #98 Khyri Thornton.
- With RB George Payne and P Tyler Sarrazin both saw action for the first time today, pushing the total of true freshman playing this season for Southern Miss to 14.
- Southern Miss fell to 27-12 in the series with East Carolina as this is the last scheduled meeting between the two schools.
- USM fell to 16-4 against the Pirates in Greenville.
- The series of 39 games is the fifth-longest in Southern Miss history.
- Southern Miss surrendered the most points in its history to ECU. The previous most was 48 during the 1976 and 1991 seasons.
- Tyre Bracken collected a career-high 35-yard run on the Eagles first offensive play of the contest.
- Nick Mullens registered his first career touchdown pass, a 15-yard strike to Marquise Ricard in the fourth quarter. It was Ricard's second TD reception of the season.
- Southern Miss allowed its first points of the season on the opposing team's opening drive of the game.
- Senior Jerrion Johnson registered his first career sack in the opening quarter.
- With its fumble recovery by Dasman McCullum in the first quarter, it was the Golden Eagles seventh-straight game to force a turnover.
- Dasman McCullum registered the fumble recovery. It was his first of the season and second of his career, while it was forced by Alex Smith. It was the first force of Smith's career.
Special Teams Notes
- The Golden Eagles have now missed four-straight field goal attempts after a 38-yard field goal was wide right in the first quarter.
- Freshman Tyler Sarrazin booted a 50-yard punt in the first of his collegiate career. He is the third punter the Golden Eagles have used this season.
Annual Summer Parties announced for Jackson, Gulf Coast and Hattiesburg
2018 Football Promotional Schedule – Sept 8 vs. ULM
2018 Football Promotional Schedule – Sept 1 vs. Jackson State
Loyal Fan Takes Ownership in Being a Season Ticket Holder
Free Friday lunches available courtesy of Jay Hopson and Southern Miss Athletics
Cornell Armstrong the third Southern Miss NFL draft pick, taken in sixth round by Miami
Ticket Availability for Sept. 29 Football Game at Auburn Announced
Southern Miss recognizes student-athletes at annual Talon Awards
Father-Daughter Duo Featured as Second Season Ticket Holder Profile