Oct. 13, 2012
- Tonight's attendance was 34,514.
- Captains for Southern Miss were No. 5 Jerrion Johnson, No. 85 Quentin Pierce and No. 97 Rakeem Nunez-Roches.
- Southern Miss went into overtime for the first time since the 2010 game against UAB in Hattiesburg. The Golden Eagles are 4-6 now in overtime games since 1996 and 1-4 in double overtime games.
- The Golden Eagles are now 6-2 all-time against UCF with a 3-1 mark in Orlando.
- Southern Miss' second quarter, 12-play scoring drive was its second-longest of the season in plays. The longest was a 13-play drive last weekend against Boise State.
- On that drive, the Golden Eagles were 3-of-3 on third downs.
- The last three scoring drives for Southern Miss have been 75-yards or more.
- Justin Burdette recorded his first career catch, a 10-yard grab, in the fourth quarter.
- Jalen Richard recorded his longest TD run of the year, a 15-yard rush, in the third quarter to bring the score to 17-14 UCF.
- Richard later added a 19-yard rush, his career long, and a 14-yard TD run to become the first Golden Eagle with multiple touchdowns this year.
- The 31 points Southern Miss scored were also a season high.
- True freshman quarterback Anthony Alford recorded the first pair of consecutive 100-yard passing games. He finished 14-of-27 for 165 yards, a career and season high for yardage.
- The Golden Eagles were 8-of-14 on third downs in the game - their best mark of the season.
- Junior wideout Francisco Llanos caught four passes for a season-high 63 yards.
- Junior Spur linebacker Jerrion Johnson finished the game with a career-high eight tackles, including six tackles and three tackles for loss in the first half.
- True freshman Wil Freeman tallied his first career sack in the third quarter.
- Junior cornerback Deron Wilson finished the game with nine tackles, the most for him in a game since last season's Marshall game when he finished with 10.
- Senior bandit end Jamie Collins added two sacks, bringing his career total to 16.0 and tackle for loss numbers to 35.5.
- Sophomore safety Emmanuel Johnson led the team in tackles for the first time in his career with 10 total.
Special Teams Notes
- Bruce Johnson recorded his first career kickoff return to close out the first half, a five-yard scamper on a squib kick.
- Punter Peter Boehme averaged over 39 yards a punt for the fourth time in six games. He finished the night averaging 39 per kick.
- Returner Justin Sims averaged 28 yards per kick return with a long of 44 yards. Sims now has four kick returns this season of 40 yards or more.
- Corey Acosta hit a 27-yard field goal to tie the game with 13 seconds remaining. It is the first time in his career that he has been in to attempt either tie in the final seconds or win a game.
|Follow SouthernMissFootball:||Follow @SouthernMissFB|