Southern Miss-Boise State Post Game Notes
Southern Miss falls to No. 15 Boise State, 24-7
Oct. 11, 2008
Southern Miss v. No. 15 Boise State Game Notes October 11, 2008 M.M. Roberts Stadium
* Today's attendance was 30,912.
* Southern Miss drops to 0-2 all-time against Boise State. This was the first time the teams played in Hattiesburg.
* Southern Miss falls to 18-4 all-time at home in non-conference games since joining Conference USA.
* The Golden Eagles fall to 36-18 all-time against current Western Athletics Conference schools.
* This was the first game against a ranked opponent at home since facing No. 4 California in 2004.
* The Golden Eagles are 13-56-1 all-time against ranked opponents, including 1-8 at home.
* The seven points are the lowest scoring output since Southern Miss dropped a 36-6 decision at Virginia Tech in 2006.
* The Golden Eagles' 278 total yards was their lowest output of the season.
* Southern Miss has now dropped its last three home games. The last time they lost three consecutive home games was in 1977.
* Senior offensive lineman Ryan McKee started his 33rd consecutive game to lead the offensive line.
* Southern Miss was held scoreless in the first quarter for just the second time this year (Auburn), while being held without a point in the second half for the first time all year.
* Junior running back Damion Fletcher finished the game with 69 yards rushing.
* His 17-yard touchdown run was his fifth of the season and 31st of his career, putting him at third place all-time at Southern Miss.
* Redshirt freshman quarterback Austin Davis threw for 160 yards passing, snapping his streak of 200-yard passing games at five.
* Redshirt senior tight end Shawn Nelson caught three passes for 24 yards. He now has 138 receptions on his career, tying him for third all-time with LeRoy Handy (199-2002).
* Junior defensive back Andre Watson recorded his first career interception in the third quarter.
* Junior linebacker Gerald McGrath recovered his first fumble of the year and second of his career.