Post Game Notes
Boise State 40, Southern Miss 14
Oct. 6, 2012
- Tonight's captains were defensive back Emmanuel Johnson, linebacker Alan Howze and offensive lineman Jason Weaver.
- Southern Miss received the kickoff.
- Today's attendance was 25,337.
- Southern Miss is now 0-3 all-time against Boise State and 0-2 at home.
- Southern Miss has lost five straight games for the first time since 2008 and is 0-5 for the first time since 1976.
- The Golden Eagles have now lost 13 straight games against ranked non-conference opponents.
- Southern accumulated season-highs of 243 passing yards and 424 total yards.
- Southern Miss was held scoreless in the first half for the first time since September 6, 2008 at Auburn.
- Senior wide receiver Tracy Lampley's 12-yard reception in the first quarter gave him 1,000 receiving yards for his career. He now has 1,022 receiving yards.
- Lampley is just the fourth player all-time to record 1,000 yards in two separate categories, joining Eric Booth (1994-97), Darryl Tillman (1986-89) and Andrew Mott (1983-86). He also has 1,392 kick return yards.
- Senior running back Desmond Johnson rushed 15 times for a career-high 116 yards and a touchdown. He is Southern Miss' first 100-yard rusher of the year and it is his third career-100-yard game.
- Johnson's two-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter was his first touchdown of the year and 12th of his career.
- Johnson's 58-yard run in the second half was the longest play from scrimmage this year.
- Junior wide receiver Dominique Sullivan caught a career-high seven passes for 63 yards.
- Freshman Anthony Alford scored on a four-yard run in the third quarter. It is his third rushing touchdown of the year.
- Alford's 44-yard completion to Justin Sims in the fourth quarter was both players' longest of their careers.
- Freshman quarter back Ricky Lloyd was 12-of-21 passing for 143 yards, while Alford was 7-of-15 passing for 100 yards.
- Junior linebacker Dylan Reda recorded his first career interception in the first quarter.
- The Golden Eagles now have four forced turnovers on the season.
- Senior defensive lineman Jamie Collins had a team-high 10 tackles.
- Collins recorded is third sack of the season and the 14th of his career.
- Senior linebacker Brandon Francesconi had a career-high six tackles.
Special Teams Notes
Tarvarius Moore Has Enjoyed Solid Senior Campaign
Final Friday Football Luncheon for 2017 Set at Mugshots this Week
Football Enjoys Offensive Explosion Last Saturday at Rice
Racheem Boothe named C-USA Defensive Player of the Week
Southern Miss Football Coach Jay Hopson Holds Weekly News Conference (Nov. 13)
Golden Eagle Hotline Returns Tonight at Georgia Blue
Football Becomes Bowl Eligible with Win over Rice Saturday
Southern Miss Downs Rice, 43-34
Football Travels to Houston for C-USA Showdown at Rice