Post Game Notes
Boise State 40, Southern Miss 14
Oct. 6, 2012
- Tonight's captains were defensive back Emmanuel Johnson, linebacker Alan Howze and offensive lineman Jason Weaver.
- Southern Miss received the kickoff.
- Today's attendance was 25,337.
- Southern Miss is now 0-3 all-time against Boise State and 0-2 at home.
- Southern Miss has lost five straight games for the first time since 2008 and is 0-5 for the first time since 1976.
- The Golden Eagles have now lost 13 straight games against ranked non-conference opponents.
- Southern accumulated season-highs of 243 passing yards and 424 total yards.
- Southern Miss was held scoreless in the first half for the first time since September 6, 2008 at Auburn.
- Senior wide receiver Tracy Lampley's 12-yard reception in the first quarter gave him 1,000 receiving yards for his career. He now has 1,022 receiving yards.
- Lampley is just the fourth player all-time to record 1,000 yards in two separate categories, joining Eric Booth (1994-97), Darryl Tillman (1986-89) and Andrew Mott (1983-86). He also has 1,392 kick return yards.
- Senior running back Desmond Johnson rushed 15 times for a career-high 116 yards and a touchdown. He is Southern Miss' first 100-yard rusher of the year and it is his third career-100-yard game.
- Johnson's two-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter was his first touchdown of the year and 12th of his career.
- Johnson's 58-yard run in the second half was the longest play from scrimmage this year.
- Junior wide receiver Dominique Sullivan caught a career-high seven passes for 63 yards.
- Freshman Anthony Alford scored on a four-yard run in the third quarter. It is his third rushing touchdown of the year.
- Alford's 44-yard completion to Justin Sims in the fourth quarter was both players' longest of their careers.
- Freshman quarter back Ricky Lloyd was 12-of-21 passing for 143 yards, while Alford was 7-of-15 passing for 100 yards.
- Junior linebacker Dylan Reda recorded his first career interception in the first quarter.
- The Golden Eagles now have four forced turnovers on the season.
- Senior defensive lineman Jamie Collins had a team-high 10 tackles.
- Collins recorded is third sack of the season and the 14th of his career.
- Senior linebacker Brandon Francesconi had a career-high six tackles.
Special Teams Notes
Football Arrives in Shreveport for Walk-On's Independence Bowl
Five Bowl Game Memories: 1988 Independence Bowl
Five Bowl Game Memories: 2008 New Orleans Bowl
Five Bowl Game Memories: 2000 GMAC Bowl
2018 Southern Miss Football Recruiting Class
Five Bowl Game Memories: 1997 Liberty Bowl
Special Bowl Edition of the Southern Miss Friday Football Luncheon Set for This Week
Five Bowl Game Memories: 2011 Sheraton Hawai'i Bowl
Southern Miss Sports Today: Independence Bowl edition