Post Game Notes
Sept. 29, 2013
- Today's captains were defensive back Kalan Reed, linebacker Alan Howze and running backs Jalen Richard and Jeremy Hester.
- Southern Miss won the toss and deferred to the second half.
- Today's attendance was 35,356.
- Southern Miss is now 0-4 all-time against Boise State.
- The Golden Eagles are now 11-8 all-time against the Mountain West Conference.
- Southern Miss has now lost eight straight non-conference games and 16 games overall.
- The 53-point loss is the worst loss since falling 69-7 to Ole Miss in 1969.
- Offensive lineman Cameron Tom and wide receiver Marquise Ricard made their first career starts.
- Southern Miss' seven first half points were the most in the first half this year.
- Allan Bridgford hit Marquise Ricard for a five-yard touchdown in the second quarter. It is Bridgford's third touchdown pass and Ricard's first career touchdown.
- It is also the first, first half touchdown for Southern Miss this season.
- Wide receiver Markese Triplett's 22-yard reception in the second quarter was his longest of the season.
- Running back Kendrick Hardy rushed eight times for a season-high 59 yards, including a season-long 33-yard rush in the second quarter.
- The 60 points allowed are the most since giving up 61 to Florida State in 1987.
- Southern Miss' three sacks are a season-high.
- Linebacker Alan Howze recorded his first sack of the year. He has 3.5 in his career.
- Defensive lineman Adam Williams recorded his first career sack in the first quarter.
- Defensive lineman Octavius Thomas recovered his second career fumble in the second quarter.
- Thomas also recorded his second sack of the year and the third of his career.
Special Teams Notes
Picasso Nelson, Jr. earns university's Best Citizen Award honor
Delmond Landry continuing to build defensive line role
FROM THE BROADCAST BOOTH WITH JOHN COX
Arvin Fletcher looking forward to redshirt-sophomore season after promising start
Southern Miss Announces 2018 Football Season Ticket Renewal Benefits
Southern Miss announces 2018 Eagle Fest weekend slate
From the Broadcast Booth with John Cox - “Big Nasty” and Curley Return
Golden Eagles wrap up second week of spring practice
Free Youth Football Clinic part of Eagle Fest Weekend