Sept. 29, 2013
- Today's captains were defensive back Kalan Reed, linebacker Alan Howze and running backs Jalen Richard and Jeremy Hester.
- Southern Miss won the toss and deferred to the second half.
- Today's attendance was 35,356.
- Southern Miss is now 0-4 all-time against Boise State.
- The Golden Eagles are now 11-8 all-time against the Mountain West Conference.
- Southern Miss has now lost eight straight non-conference games and 16 games overall.
- The 53-point loss is the worst loss since falling 69-7 to Ole Miss in 1969.
- Offensive lineman Cameron Tom and wide receiver Marquise Ricard made their first career starts.
- Southern Miss' seven first half points were the most in the first half this year.
- Allan Bridgford hit Marquise Ricard for a five-yard touchdown in the second quarter. It is Bridgford's third touchdown pass and Ricard's first career touchdown.
- It is also the first, first half touchdown for Southern Miss this season.
- Wide receiver Markese Triplett's 22-yard reception in the second quarter was his longest of the season.
- Running back Kendrick Hardy rushed eight times for a season-high 59 yards, including a season-long 33-yard rush in the second quarter.
- The 60 points allowed are the most since giving up 61 to Florida State in 1987.
- Southern Miss' three sacks are a season-high.
- Linebacker Alan Howze recorded his first sack of the year. He has 3.5 in his career.
- Defensive lineman Adam Williams recorded his first career sack in the first quarter.
- Defensive lineman Octavius Thomas recovered his second career fumble in the second quarter.
- Thomas also recorded his second sack of the year and the third of his career.
Special Teams Notes
|Follow SouthernMissFootball:||Follow @SouthernMissFB|