Post Game Notes
Sept. 29, 2012
- Tonight's captains were defensive back Jerrion Johnson, wide receiver Markese Triplett and defensive lineman Rakeem Nunez-Roches.
- Southern Miss won the toss and deferred.
- Today's attendance was 23,492.
- Southern Miss is now 18-11-1 all-time against Louisville and 11-4 at home. Louisville has won the last six meetings.
- Southern Miss has lost four straight games for the first time since 2008 and is 0-4 for the first time since 1976.
- The loss snaps a three-game winning streak against BCS schools in Hattiesburg.
- The Golden Eagles have now lost 12 straight games against ranked non-conference opponents.
- Southern ran the ball for 224 yards on 48 carries, both of which were season-highs.
- The Golden Eagles attempted just nine passes, the fewest since attempting 12 passes against East Carolina in 2004.
- Southern Miss' 17 first half points tied a season-high.
- Freshman Ricky Lloyd made his first career start at quarterback. He is the third different quarterback to start this season. It is the first time that Southern Miss has started three quarterbacks in a season since 2007.
- Senior running back Desmond Johnson ran 14 times for a season-high 99 yards.
- His 58-yard run was Southern Miss' longest play from scrimmage this year.
- Freshman running back Jalen Richard scored his first career touchdown on a one-yard run in the second quarter.
- Senior Tracy Lampley had 50 all-purpose yards (46 kick return, 7 punt return, -3 rushing) on the day. With that yardage, he moved into third-place on the Southern Miss career all-purpose yard list with 4,087, passing Ben Garry (1974-77).
- Junior defensive lineman Khyri Thornton recorded his first sack of the season and fifth of his career in the first quarter.
- Freshman linebacker Terrick Wright recorded his first career sack in the second quarter.
- Alan Howze and Khalid Wilson combined on a sack in the third quarter. Howze has 1.5 sacks on his career, while Wilson has one.
- Senior defensive back Reggie Hunt returned an interception 23 yards for a touchdown. It was his first career interception.
- It was also the Golden Eagles second non-offensive touchdown of the season .
- Senior defensive back Deron Wilson recovered his first career fumble in the fourth quarter.
- The Golden Eagles now have three forced turnovers on the season. It is the first time they forced multiple turnovers since last year's Conference USA Championship against Houston.
Special Teams Notes
Father-Daughter Duo Featured as Second Season Ticket Holder Profile
Young Alumnus is Advocate for Season Tickets
Falcons take Ito Smith in fourth round
Tarvarius Moore selected in third round by 49ers
Southern Miss Highlights Season Ticket Holders as Part of the Family
Gold defeats Black in spring game, 20-15
Football commences final week of spring practice
Southern Miss concludes third week of spring football with scrimmage
Southern Miss has 44 student-athletes receive C-USA Commissioner's Academic Medals