Post Game Notes
Sept. 14, 2013
- Today's captains were defensive back Kalan Reed, defensive back David Bertucci, wide receiver Markese Triplett and defensive lineman Khyri Thornton.
- Arkansas won the toss and received the kickoff.
- Today's attendance was 63,067.
- This was the first-ever meeting between Southern Miss and Arkansas.
- The Golden Eagles are now 34-107-3 all-time against the current members of the Southeastern Conference.
- Southern Miss' three points were the fewest scored since scoring three at Alabama in 2004.
- It was also the first time that the Golden Eagles were held without a touchdown since 2006 against Virginia Tech.
- Southern Miss rushed 31 times for a season-high 119 yards.
- Quarterback Allan Bridgford connected on 17-of-33 for 133 yards.
- Wide receiver Marquise Ricard caught a 30-yard pass from Bridgford in the first quarter, the longest reception of his career.
- Running back Jalen Richard rushed 14 times for a career-high 94 yards.
- Arkansas' 10 points in the first half are the fewest first half points Southern Miss has given up this year.
- Defensive back Kelsey Douglas recorded his first career interception in the first quarter.
- Linebacker Alan Howze set a career-high with 16 tackles.
- Linebacker Terrick Wright set a career-high with 10 tackles.
- Defensive back DeBarriaus Miller recorded 12 tackles, his second straight game with double-digit tackles.
Special Teams Notes
Father-Daughter Duo Featured as Second Season Ticket Holder Profile
Young Alumnus is Advocate for Season Tickets
Falcons take Ito Smith in fourth round
Tarvarius Moore selected in third round by 49ers
Southern Miss Highlights Season Ticket Holders as Part of the Family
Gold defeats Black in spring game, 20-15
Football commences final week of spring practice
Southern Miss concludes third week of spring football with scrimmage
Southern Miss has 44 student-athletes receive C-USA Commissioner's Academic Medals