Post Game Notes
Sept. 14, 2013
- Today's captains were defensive back Kalan Reed, defensive back David Bertucci, wide receiver Markese Triplett and defensive lineman Khyri Thornton.
- Arkansas won the toss and received the kickoff.
- Today's attendance was 63,067.
- This was the first-ever meeting between Southern Miss and Arkansas.
- The Golden Eagles are now 34-107-3 all-time against the current members of the Southeastern Conference.
- Southern Miss' three points were the fewest scored since scoring three at Alabama in 2004.
- It was also the first time that the Golden Eagles were held without a touchdown since 2006 against Virginia Tech.
- Southern Miss rushed 31 times for a season-high 119 yards.
- Quarterback Allan Bridgford connected on 17-of-33 for 133 yards.
- Wide receiver Marquise Ricard caught a 30-yard pass from Bridgford in the first quarter, the longest reception of his career.
- Running back Jalen Richard rushed 14 times for a career-high 94 yards.
- Arkansas' 10 points in the first half are the fewest first half points Southern Miss has given up this year.
- Defensive back Kelsey Douglas recorded his first career interception in the first quarter.
- Linebacker Alan Howze set a career-high with 16 tackles.
- Linebacker Terrick Wright set a career-high with 10 tackles.
- Defensive back DeBarriaus Miller recorded 12 tackles, his second straight game with double-digit tackles.
Special Teams Notes
Southern Miss Announces Football Signing Day Schedule
Football Releases 2018 Schedule
Football Season Ticket Pricing Announced for 2018
Southern Miss Falls to Florida State in Independence Bowl
Golden Eagles Set to Play Florida State Wednesday in Walk-On's Independence Bowl
Allen Fails Jr., Talks about his trip to Shreveport for the Walk-On's Independence Bowl
Christmas Day Quiet for Southern Miss Football
Golden Eagles spend time in the Shreveport Community on the day before Christmas
Football Arrives in Shreveport for Walk-On's Independence Bowl