Postgame Notes from the Marshall Game
Sept. 10, 2011
- Captains for today's game were Tracy Lampley, Austin Davis, Ronnie Thornton and Creighton Nelms.
- The Golden Eagles lost to the Herd for the first time in Huntington. They lead the series 5-2.
- With his 13-yard touchdown pass to Francisco Llanos in the first quarter, Austin Davis surpassed Brett Favre as the school's leader in passing yards. Davis finished the day with 7,931 total career yards after throwing for 309 yards.
- Jamal Woodyard's first career carry came in the second quarter and went for 11 yards and picked up a first down.
- Llanos caught a 90 yard pass with 5:30 left in the second quarter for a touchdown after breaking through two tackles. It was his longest career reception and third longest pass play in school history.
- It was the second 90-plus yard passing play from Austin Davis who also owns the longest pass play in school histroy (a 97 yarder in 2008).
- Llanos caught two touchdowns on the day. They were his first ever touchdown receptions.
- Southern Miss allowed their first safety since the Marshall game in 2010.
- Dominique Sullivan had a career day at wide receiver. He finished the day with 4 catches for 58 yards. His previous best was one catch for 22 yards.
- Llanos also had a career day with 5 catches for 132 yards.
- Jacorius Cotton jarred a reception loose in the first quarter for his second career pass breakup.
- Ronnie Thornton snagged a tipped pass at 8:30 in the second quarter for his first career interception. The Golden Eagles have now created a turnover in 37 of 41 games under Larry Fedora.
- Korey Williams intercepted a pass with 10:48 in the fourth quarter. It was his second career interception.
Special Teams Notes
- Danny Hrapmann connected on a 36 yard field goal in the second quarter to tie Brant Hanna for fourth all-time on the school's career list.
- In the fourth, Hrapmann booted a 28-yarder to surpass Hanna.
- Southern Miss had a punt blocked in the third quarter. The last time the Golden Eagles allowed a block punt was Sept. 25, 2010 at Louisiana Tech.
- Justin Penn recovered an onside kick with 1:18 to go to give the Golden Eagles an opportunity to score.
Southern Miss Football Gives Back on This Thanksgiving Holiday
Scoring Points Have Been the Trademark of the Golden Eagles over the Last Two Weeks
Kelsey Douglas receives C-USA Defensive Player of the Week honor
Southern Miss Football Coach Jay Hopson Holds Weekly News Conference (Nov. 20)
Final 2017 Football Golden Eagle Hotline Returns Tonight at Georgia Blue
Southern Miss Defeats Charlotte 66-21 on Senior Day
Football Finishes Home Slate with Charlotte on Saturday
Tarvarius Moore Has Enjoyed Solid Senior Campaign
Final Friday Football Luncheon for 2017 Set at Mugshots this Week