Post Game Notes
Nebraska 56, Southern Miss 13
Sep 7, 2013
- Tonight's captains were quarterback Allan Bridgford, running back Jeremy Hester, linebacker Alan Howze and wide receiver Rickey Bradley.
- Nebraska won the toss and deferred.
- Today's attendance was 90,466, the sixth largest crowd Southern Miss has played in front of in school history.
- The 56 points are the most allowed since giving up 59 to Marshall last year.
- The 43-point loss is Southern Miss' worst loss since falling 61-10 against Florida State in 1987.
- Southern Miss is now 1-4 all-time against Nebraska.
- The Golden Eagles are now 2-7 against the current members of the Big Ten Conference.
- Southern Miss has lost its last three games against ranked opponents.
- Quarterback Allan Bridgford connected on 21-of-35 for 222 yards.
- Bridgford connected with Rickey Bradley on a 41-yard touchdown pass in the third quarter. It was Bradley's first career touchdown catch.
- Bradley finished with three catches for 57 yards.
- The 66-yard touchdown drive was the longest scoring drive of the year. It was also the shortest in time of possession, lasting just 1:11.
- Bridgford threw an interception for a touchdown in the first quarter. It was the first interception returned for a touchdown since Paul Parras of Rice returned one 75 yards last year.
- Tyre'oune Holmes' 34-yard reception in the first quarter was the longest of his career.
- Holmes finished with eight catches for 65 yards.
- JaMarcus Revies caught his first career reception in the second quarter.
- Southern Miss' nine-play, 3:47 scoring drive in the second quarter were both season highs.
- Quarterback Nick Mullens saw his first career action in the fourth quarter.
- Defensive back Kelsey Douglas made his first career start. He is the second true freshman to start this year. Wide receiver Tyre'oune Holmes started last week.
- Alan Howze forced his second career fumble and Alexander Walters recovered his first career fumble in the third quarter.
- Defensive back DeBarriaus Miller recorded a career-high 14 tackles.
- Linebacker Alan Howze tied a career-high with nine tackles.
Special Teams Notes
Line Depth Providing Spark for Golden Eagle Defense
Friday Football Luncheon Returns to Mugshots this Week
Keon Howard Comes Up Big in First Victory as Golden Eagle Starting Quarterback
Several promotions, ticket specials on hand for Saturday's Homecoming
Ito Smith Named C-USA Offensive Player of the Week
Coach Hopson Media Conference (OCt. 9)
Golden Eagle Hotline Returns Tonight at Georgia Blue
Football Holds Off UTSA for a 31-29 C-USA Road Victory
Fans Can Watch Football Game Online versus UTSA at Stadium on Facebook