Sep 7, 2013
- Tonight's captains were quarterback Allan Bridgford, running back Jeremy Hester, linebacker Alan Howze and wide receiver Rickey Bradley.
- Nebraska won the toss and deferred.
- Today's attendance was 90,466, the sixth largest crowd Southern Miss has played in front of in school history.
- The 56 points are the most allowed since giving up 59 to Marshall last year.
- The 43-point loss is Southern Miss' worst loss since falling 61-10 against Florida State in 1987.
- Southern Miss is now 1-4 all-time against Nebraska.
- The Golden Eagles are now 2-7 against the current members of the Big Ten Conference.
- Southern Miss has lost its last three games against ranked opponents.
- Quarterback Allan Bridgford connected on 21-of-35 for 222 yards.
- Bridgford connected with Rickey Bradley on a 41-yard touchdown pass in the third quarter. It was Bradley's first career touchdown catch.
- Bradley finished with three catches for 57 yards.
- The 66-yard touchdown drive was the longest scoring drive of the year. It was also the shortest in time of possession, lasting just 1:11.
- Bridgford threw an interception for a touchdown in the first quarter. It was the first interception returned for a touchdown since Paul Parras of Rice returned one 75 yards last year.
- Tyre'oune Holmes' 34-yard reception in the first quarter was the longest of his career.
- Holmes finished with eight catches for 65 yards.
- JaMarcus Revies caught his first career reception in the second quarter.
- Southern Miss' nine-play, 3:47 scoring drive in the second quarter were both season highs.
- Quarterback Nick Mullens saw his first career action in the fourth quarter.
- Defensive back Kelsey Douglas made his first career start. He is the second true freshman to start this year. Wide receiver Tyre'oune Holmes started last week.
- Alan Howze forced his second career fumble and Alexander Walters recovered his first career fumble in the third quarter.
- Defensive back DeBarriaus Miller recorded a career-high 14 tackles.
- Linebacker Alan Howze tied a career-high with nine tackles.
Special Teams Notes
|Follow SouthernMissFootball:||Follow @SouthernMissFB|