Post Game Notes
Aug 31, 2013
- Tonight's captains were linebacker Alex Smith, fullback Bruce Johnson, linebacker Alan Howze and defensive lineman Khyri Thornton.
- Texas State won the toss and deferred.
- Today's attendance was 25,729.
- This was the first-ever meeting between Southern Miss and Texas State.
- Southern Miss is now 63-33 in season-opening games, including 41-6 when opening the season in Hattiesburg.
- Southern Miss is now 5-3 all-time in the month of August.
- The Golden Eagles are now 58-17-1 against the current members of the Sun Belt Conference.
- Six Golden Eagles made their first career starts, including wide receivers Tyre'oune Holmes and Rickey Bradley, quarterback Allan Bridgford, defensive lineman Jerry McCorvey, offensive linemen Fredrick Moore and Rashod Hill.
- Quarterback Allan Bridgford connected on 28-of-53 for 377 yards. The 377 yards are the fifth most in school history.
- Bridgford connected with James Cox on a six-yard touchdown in the third quarter. It was his first career touchdown pass.
- It was also Cox' first career reception, as well as his first career touchdown. It was his only reception of the game.
- Wide receiver Rickey Bradley caught seven passes for 193 yards. It was his first career 100-yard receiving game.
- Bradley's 193 receiving yards are the fourth most in school history.
- Wide receiver Tyre'oune Holmes caught 12 passes for 96 yards. His 12 receptions tied the second most in school history.
- The three first half points are the fewest scored since being held scoreless against Boise State last year.
- Defensive back Ed Wilkins forced his second career fumble in the first quarter.
- Defensive lineman Dasman McCullum recovered his first career fumble in the first quarter.
- Southern Miss' safety in the third quarter is the first safety since recording one against UAB last year.
- Linebacker Alan Howze recorded 2.5 tackles for loss, giving him 7.5 for his career.
- Linebacker Dylan Reda had two tackles for loss, giving him 4.5 for his career.
Special Teams Notes
- Corey Acosta connected on field goals from 41 and 36 yards.
Korey Robertson Goes From Spring Practice to the NFL Combine
Southern Miss Announces 2018 Homecoming Game
Five Golden Eagles enjoy postseason showcases
Southern Miss Announces Football Signing Day Schedule
Football Releases 2018 Schedule
Football Season Ticket Pricing Announced for 2018
Southern Miss Falls to Florida State in Independence Bowl
Golden Eagles Set to Play Florida State Wednesday in Walk-On's Independence Bowl
Allen Fails Jr., Talks about his trip to Shreveport for the Walk-On's Independence Bowl