Post Game Notes
Sept. 1, 2012
- Today's Golden Eagle game captains - 8 Jamie Collins, 28 Jacorius Cotton, 62 Austin Quattrochi.
- Nebraska won the toss and elected to receive.
- The announced crowd of 85,425 is the 11th largest crowd the Golden Eagles have played in front of in their history.
- The loss snapped a three-game winning streak for the school.
- The Golden Eagles fell to 63-32 in season openers (there is no result for the 1916 opener).
- Southern Miss fell to 1-3 in the series against Nebraska, losing two of three meetings in Lincoln. The two schools are scheduled to play next season (9/7) in Hattiesburg and again in 2015 in Lincoln (9/26).
- Tracy Lampley returns kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown. It was the first kickoff return for a touchdown since Francisco Llanos returned an 87-yarder at Tulsa on Nov. 26, 2010. It was the second kickoff return for a score in his career (the other - 93 yards against Marshall on Nov. 14, 2009.) His return is the fourth in Southern Miss history to go at least 100 yards.
- Lampley now has four special teams touchdowns, returning both a pair of kickoffs and punts for touchdowns in his career.
- Lampley moved into 6th place on the Golden Eagle charts for all-purpose yards, moving ahead of Sam DeJarnette (3,776/1982-84) and Tony Smith (3,810/1989-91) and currently has 3,869.
- Chris Campbell throws first career touchdown pass, a 24-yard strike to Dominique Sullivan, with 13:09 left in the 2nd quarter. It was Sullivan's third career TD reception.
- Jamie Collins notched his first sack of the season in the 1st quarter, notching his 12th career sack.
- Corey Acosta improved to 4-for-4 in his career for field goal attempts, collecting a career-best 45 yard kick with 1:44 left in the 2nd quarter and a 37-yard attempt with 13:03 left in the contest.
Father-Daughter Duo Featured as Second Season Ticket Holder Profile
Young Alumnus is Advocate for Season Tickets
Falcons take Ito Smith in fourth round
Tarvarius Moore selected in third round by 49ers
Southern Miss Highlights Season Ticket Holders as Part of the Family
Gold defeats Black in spring game, 20-15
Football commences final week of spring practice
Southern Miss concludes third week of spring football with scrimmage
Southern Miss has 44 student-athletes receive C-USA Commissioner's Academic Medals