Sept. 1, 2012
- Today's Golden Eagle game captains - 8 Jamie Collins, 28 Jacorius Cotton, 62 Austin Quattrochi.
- Nebraska won the toss and elected to receive.
- The announced crowd of 85,425 is the 11th largest crowd the Golden Eagles have played in front of in their history.
- The loss snapped a three-game winning streak for the school.
- The Golden Eagles fell to 63-32 in season openers (there is no result for the 1916 opener).
- Southern Miss fell to 1-3 in the series against Nebraska, losing two of three meetings in Lincoln. The two schools are scheduled to play next season (9/7) in Hattiesburg and again in 2015 in Lincoln (9/26).
- Tracy Lampley returns kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown. It was the first kickoff return for a touchdown since Francisco Llanos returned an 87-yarder at Tulsa on Nov. 26, 2010. It was the second kickoff return for a score in his career (the other - 93 yards against Marshall on Nov. 14, 2009.) His return is the fourth in Southern Miss history to go at least 100 yards.
- Lampley now has four special teams touchdowns, returning both a pair of kickoffs and punts for touchdowns in his career.
- Lampley moved into 6th place on the Golden Eagle charts for all-purpose yards, moving ahead of Sam DeJarnette (3,776/1982-84) and Tony Smith (3,810/1989-91) and currently has 3,869.
- Chris Campbell throws first career touchdown pass, a 24-yard strike to Dominique Sullivan, with 13:09 left in the 2nd quarter. It was Sullivan's third career TD reception.
- Jamie Collins notched his first sack of the season in the 1st quarter, notching his 12th career sack.
- Corey Acosta improved to 4-for-4 in his career for field goal attempts, collecting a career-best 45 yard kick with 1:44 left in the 2nd quarter and a 37-yard attempt with 13:03 left in the contest.
|Follow SouthernMissFootball:||Follow @SouthernMissFB|