Post Game Notes
Sept. 1, 2012
- Today's Golden Eagle game captains - 8 Jamie Collins, 28 Jacorius Cotton, 62 Austin Quattrochi.
- Nebraska won the toss and elected to receive.
- The announced crowd of 85,425 is the 11th largest crowd the Golden Eagles have played in front of in their history.
- The loss snapped a three-game winning streak for the school.
- The Golden Eagles fell to 63-32 in season openers (there is no result for the 1916 opener).
- Southern Miss fell to 1-3 in the series against Nebraska, losing two of three meetings in Lincoln. The two schools are scheduled to play next season (9/7) in Hattiesburg and again in 2015 in Lincoln (9/26).
- Tracy Lampley returns kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown. It was the first kickoff return for a touchdown since Francisco Llanos returned an 87-yarder at Tulsa on Nov. 26, 2010. It was the second kickoff return for a score in his career (the other - 93 yards against Marshall on Nov. 14, 2009.) His return is the fourth in Southern Miss history to go at least 100 yards.
- Lampley now has four special teams touchdowns, returning both a pair of kickoffs and punts for touchdowns in his career.
- Lampley moved into 6th place on the Golden Eagle charts for all-purpose yards, moving ahead of Sam DeJarnette (3,776/1982-84) and Tony Smith (3,810/1989-91) and currently has 3,869.
- Chris Campbell throws first career touchdown pass, a 24-yard strike to Dominique Sullivan, with 13:09 left in the 2nd quarter. It was Sullivan's third career TD reception.
- Jamie Collins notched his first sack of the season in the 1st quarter, notching his 12th career sack.
- Corey Acosta improved to 4-for-4 in his career for field goal attempts, collecting a career-best 45 yard kick with 1:44 left in the 2nd quarter and a 37-yard attempt with 13:03 left in the contest.
Football Releases 2018 Schedule
Football Season Ticket Pricing Announced for 2018
Southern Miss Falls to Florida State in Independence Bowl
Golden Eagles Set to Play Florida State Wednesday in Walk-On's Independence Bowl
Allen Fails Jr., Talks about his trip to Shreveport for the Walk-On's Independence Bowl
Christmas Day Quiet for Southern Miss Football
Golden Eagles spend time in the Shreveport Community on the day before Christmas
Football Arrives in Shreveport for Walk-On's Independence Bowl
Five Bowl Game Memories: 1988 Independence Bowl