Post Game Notes
Southern Miss 24, Nevada 17
Jan. 3, 2012
- Today's captains were Cordarro Law, Ronnie Thornton, Danny Hrapmann and Lamar Holmes.
- The trip marked the second time the Golden Eagles have played in Hawaii. They are now 2-0 in thosetrips.
- The Golden Eagles are now 10-12 all-time in bowl games and 2-2 under Larry Fedora.
- Southern Miss led at halftime for the 12th time this season. They are now 11-1 is those games and 29-4 under Fedora.
- Cordarro Law was named the Most Valuable Player of the Game for his performance.
- The 2011 Golden Eagles finished the season with a 12-2 record, the best record in school history. They are also the only squad to ever win more than 10 games.
- Southern Miss was held scoreless in the first quarter for the first time this season.
- Tracey Lampley caught a two-yard touchdown pass in the waning moments of the second quarter to put the Golden Eagles up 17-14. It was his fourth touchdown reception of the year.
- It was the 13th-straight game Austin Davis has thrown a touchdown and 41 of 45 games in his career.
- Kelvin Bolden caught his seventh touchdown of the year in the fourth quarter to put the Golden Eagles up 24-17.
- It was Davis' 29th career multi-TD game.
- Cordarro Law dropped Lampford Mark in the backfield in the first quarter to begin his 4.5 tackle for loss day. He finishes the year with 22.0 tackles for loss and 53.5 in his career, fifth-most in school history.
- Law added a pair of sacks in the third quarter to bring his career total to 28, tying him with Michael Boley for second all-time.
- Jacorius Cotton intercepted Cody Fajardo's pass attempt in the end zone in the first quarter. It was his second of the year, 19th of the season for the team and fourth pass intercepted in the end zone.
- It was the third straight game the defense held the opponent scoreless in the first quarter and sixth this season.
- Mark became just the third opposing rusher to eclipse 100.yards on the Golden Eagles this season. His 172 yards were also a season.high for an individual in a game against Southern Miss.
Special Team Notes
- Danny Hrapmann executed his second fake punt of the season with a 29 yard rush. The last time he executed it, at Virginia, he went for 31 yards and was also in his own end zone.
- Tim Green blocked his third career punt and it was recovered by Tray Becton-Martin recovered it in the end zone. It was the third blocked punt returned for a touchdown and 21st non-offensive touchdown.
- Becton-Martin became the 25th player to score a touchdown which leads the FBS.
- Jeremy Hester's 61-yard kickoff return was the team's longest of the season.
- Cameron O'Neal forced his second fumble of the year on a kickoff return in the second quarter.
- Peter Boehme's five punts down inside the 20.yard line were the most this season.
Southern Miss Football Gives Back on This Thanksgiving Holiday
Scoring Points Have Been the Trademark of the Golden Eagles over the Last Two Weeks
Kelsey Douglas receives C-USA Defensive Player of the Week honor
Southern Miss Football Coach Jay Hopson Holds Weekly News Conference (Nov. 20)
Final 2017 Football Golden Eagle Hotline Returns Tonight at Georgia Blue
Southern Miss Defeats Charlotte 66-21 on Senior Day
Football Finishes Home Slate with Charlotte on Saturday
Tarvarius Moore Has Enjoyed Solid Senior Campaign
Final Friday Football Luncheon for 2017 Set at Mugshots this Week