Feb. 12, 2009
The University of Southern Mississippi and CBS College Sports Network have announced that the Conference USA men's basketball matchup between the Golden Eagles (13-10, 3-6 C-USA) and defending C-USA champion #8 Memphis (21-3, 9-0) on Saturday at 4 p.m. CT will be available live and on-demand around the world via Internet video streaming as part of a special online event.
Current annual subscribers to Southern Miss All-Access will receive the broadcast for FREE as part of their annual package. Those subscribers can just log in with their Southern Miss All-Access account and begin watching the game. All others can access the live video stream for a one-time payment of $9.95. Please note that monthly subscribers will have to purchase the pay-per-view.
The game also will be broadcast nationally on CBS College Sports Network, which is channel 735 on Comcast cable in the Hattiesburg area, as well as channel 613 on DirecTV and channel 152 on Dish Network/Echostar. For information on the availability of CBS College Sports in your area, click here.
The online video stream of the broadcast also will be free for current annual subscribers to Memphis All-Access and to current annual subscribers to XXL - which gives fans additional access to content from schools in the CBS Interactive network across a variety of sports. For more information about XXL, click here.
The broadcast will be just one of the hundreds of events to be offered on a pay-per-view basis by CBS College Sports Network during the 2008-09 school year. Those include football, men's and women's basketball, soccer, volleyball, baseball and softball games. For a listing of upcoming pay-per-views, visit www.cbssports.com/ppvonline. To see a list of upcoming pay-per-view events involving Conference USA teams, check out the C-USA Network page.
Annual subscriptions to Southern Miss All-Access are $79.95 for a 12-month period. Fans who wish to purchase an Annual subscription to Southern Miss All-Access can do so by clicking here. Annual subscribers receive all CBS College Sports pay-per-view broadcasts involving Tulsa for free as part of their subscription. Among the upcoming pay-per-views are men's basketball games against UAB (Feb. 21) and UTEP (March 7). Additionally, select games in the league men's and women's basketball tournaments also will be pay-per-views, so annual subscribers to Southern Miss All-Access also would get free access to any of those that feature Golden Eagles teams.
Other Content In Southern Miss All-Access Annual Subscription:
- Men's and women's basketball video coverage of home games and C-USA road games (subject to TV rights agreements)
- Men's and women's basketball audio coverage of away games
- Live video of the television feed of all Southern Miss games (in any sport) shown on CBS College Sports Network
- Audio coverage of the football, men's basketball and women's basketball coaches' shows
- Audio plays of the game for football and men's basketball
- Football video coverage of home games and C-USA road games (subject to TV rights agreements)
- Football audio coverage of all games
- Football video coverage of the weekly coaches' show
- Baseball video coverage of most home games and select road games, plus audio coverage of all other games
- Softball video coverage of selected games
- Volleyball and women's soccer video coverage of home matches and selected road matches
- Various CBS College sports features and highlights of Southern Miss athletics
- Selected other features, press conferences and game coverage
Note: Broadcast schedule is tentative and subject to change.
About CBS College Sports Network
CBS College Sports Network is the leading digital and cable programming company dedicated to college sports. Connecting more fans to more college sports than any other company, its many platforms for programming distribution include CBS College Sports Network, televising regular-season and championship events for 35 men's and women's college sports; CBSCollegeSports.com and its network of nearly 250 official athletic sites; CBS College Sports All Access, broadband services providing live audio and video of more than 10,000 events annually; as well as satellite television and radio, in-flight entertainment, wireless networks and more. Further information is available at CBSCollegeSports.com.