Post Game Notes
BYU 79, Southern Miss 62
March 27, 2013
- Southern Miss finished the year 14-2 at home this season.
- The crowd of 7,679 was the second largest home attendance at Reed Green Coliseum this season, with the Feb. 9 game against Memphis of 7,864, coming in at the largest.
- This was the second longest appearance in the event - Southern Miss won the championship in 1987.
- Southern Miss fell to 8-8 in the NIT all-time, having a three-game home NIT winning streak snapped since a home win against Ole Miss 93-75 to start the 1987 tournament.
- The loss snapped a 30-game non-conference home winning streak dating back to 2008.
- The Golden Eagles were held to a season-low tying 33.3 percent from the floor (21-of-63).
- The 17-point loss was the largest loss margin of the season.
- The Golden Eagles finished the year with a school-record 645 3-point attempts.
- BYU, which has won the NIT in 1951 and 1966, makes their first appearance in New York City since their last championship.
- The Cougars improved to 15-8 all-time in the NIT in 14 appearances in the tournament.
Men's Basketball explodes for 109-61 win over Rust on Sunday
Golden Eagles return home to face Rust on Sunday
Jaguars' hot start too much for Southern Miss to overcome
Men's Basketball travels to South Alabama for Wednesday night contest
Athletics Offering Cyber Monday Ticket Basketball Deals
Golden Eagle Hotline Takes Week Off Before Transitioning to Basketball Shows
Men's Basketball falls to UNC in final Pentagon Showcase contest
Kevin Holland's career night helps Southern Miss defeat Youngstown State
Men's Basketball falls to South Dakota in Sanford Pentagon Showcase opener