Post Game Notes
BYU 79, Southern Miss 62
March 27, 2013
- Southern Miss finished the year 14-2 at home this season.
- The crowd of 7,679 was the second largest home attendance at Reed Green Coliseum this season, with the Feb. 9 game against Memphis of 7,864, coming in at the largest.
- This was the second longest appearance in the event - Southern Miss won the championship in 1987.
- Southern Miss fell to 8-8 in the NIT all-time, having a three-game home NIT winning streak snapped since a home win against Ole Miss 93-75 to start the 1987 tournament.
- The loss snapped a 30-game non-conference home winning streak dating back to 2008.
- The Golden Eagles were held to a season-low tying 33.3 percent from the floor (21-of-63).
- The 17-point loss was the largest loss margin of the season.
- The Golden Eagles finished the year with a school-record 645 3-point attempts.
- BYU, which has won the NIT in 1951 and 1966, makes their first appearance in New York City since their last championship.
- The Cougars improved to 15-8 all-time in the NIT in 14 appearances in the tournament.
Bower Academic Center Project Update
Jake Stoffers named men's basketball video coordinator
Men's Basketball concludes Bahamas trip with 96-81 victory over CTG Knights
Southern Miss wins 96-79 over Providence Storms in second Bahamas game
IBA Elite defeats Southern Miss in final seconds of overtime
Men's Basketball Streaming Info for Bahamas Games
Men's Basketball Unveils 2017-18 Schedule
Omar Thomas named Southern Miss Men's Basketball Director of Operations
Men's Basketball set for Bahamas trip Aug. 8-13