Post Game Notes
March 27, 2013
- Southern Miss finished the year 14-2 at home this season.
- The crowd of 7,679 was the second largest home attendance at Reed Green Coliseum this season, with the Feb. 9 game against Memphis of 7,864, coming in at the largest.
- This was the second longest appearance in the event - Southern Miss won the championship in 1987.
- Southern Miss fell to 8-8 in the NIT all-time, having a three-game home NIT winning streak snapped since a home win against Ole Miss 93-75 to start the 1987 tournament.
- The loss snapped a 30-game non-conference home winning streak dating back to 2008.
- The Golden Eagles were held to a season-low tying 33.3 percent from the floor (21-of-63).
- The 17-point loss was the largest loss margin of the season.
- The Golden Eagles finished the year with a school-record 645 3-point attempts.
- BYU, which has won the NIT in 1951 and 1966, makes their first appearance in New York City since their last championship.
- The Cougars improved to 15-8 all-time in the NIT in 14 appearances in the tournament.
Men's Basketball never trails in 72-54 win over Charlotte
Men's Basketball hosting Charlotte on Saturday afternoon
From the Broadcast Booth with John Cox: The Legendary Al McGuire
Southern Miss' nine-game home win streak ends against ODU, 68-63
Men's Basketball begins four-game homestand with second-place ODU on Thursday
Chance encounter, injury recoveries define Eddie Davis III's career
Basketball radio shows return tonight from Georgia Blue
Southern Miss collects 77-66 road win over Florida Atlantic
Men's Basketball continues road swing Saturday at FAU