Post Game Notes
March 27, 2013
- Southern Miss finished the year 14-2 at home this season.
- The crowd of 7,679 was the second largest home attendance at Reed Green Coliseum this season, with the Feb. 9 game against Memphis of 7,864, coming in at the largest.
- This was the second longest appearance in the event - Southern Miss won the championship in 1987.
- Southern Miss fell to 8-8 in the NIT all-time, having a three-game home NIT winning streak snapped since a home win against Ole Miss 93-75 to start the 1987 tournament.
- The loss snapped a 30-game non-conference home winning streak dating back to 2008.
- The Golden Eagles were held to a season-low tying 33.3 percent from the floor (21-of-63).
- The 17-point loss was the largest loss margin of the season.
- The Golden Eagles finished the year with a school-record 645 3-point attempts.
- BYU, which has won the NIT in 1951 and 1966, makes their first appearance in New York City since their last championship.
- The Cougars improved to 15-8 all-time in the NIT in 14 appearances in the tournament.
Cortez Edwards earns All-Conference USA Tournament recognition
Southern Miss' comeback bid falls just short to Marshall in C-USA semifinals
Southern Miss stuns No. 1-seeded Middle Tennessee in overtime
Southern Miss advances to C-USA quarterfinals behind Edwards' 29 points
Men's Basketball begins C-USA Tournament play Wednesday versus FIU
Southern Miss men's, women's basketball receive first-round matchups for C-USA Championships
Edwards breaks school's single-season steals record, scores 21 points in win over LA Tech
Men's Basketball prepares for home finale, Senior Day Saturday
D'Angelo Richardson's heart, spirit on and off the court fuel his success