Post Game Notes
March 25, 2013
- With the victory, the Golden Eagles now have 27 wins during the year, which is tied for second for most victories in a season.
- Southern Miss advances to the quarterfinals for only the second time in its history since winning the 1987 championship. Louisiana Tech reached its second game of the NIT for the first time since bowing out in the first round to Vanderbilt, 83-68, on March 15, 2002.
- Southern Miss improved to 8-7 in NIT play overall and 4-1 at home, while Louisiana Tech fell to 7-8 and 1-6 on opposing team's floors.
- Southern Miss and Louisiana Tech split their season series, after the Bulldogs won in Ruston 65-55 on Dec. 8, 2012.
- The Golden Eagles improve to 14-1 on the season at home. The Bulldogs finished 11-6 on the opposing team's home floor during the season.
- Southern Miss yielded its fewest points ever in the NIT (52) and it was the fewest that Louisiana Tech had ever scored in the tournament.
- The 6.7 percent (1-for-15) from 3-point range was the lowest percentage from that area for the Golden Eagles this season.
- The Golden Eagles outscored the Bulldogs 44-24 in the paint.
Cortez Edwards earns All-Conference USA Tournament recognition
Southern Miss' comeback bid falls just short to Marshall in C-USA semifinals
Southern Miss stuns No. 1-seeded Middle Tennessee in overtime
Southern Miss advances to C-USA quarterfinals behind Edwards' 29 points
Men's Basketball begins C-USA Tournament play Wednesday versus FIU
Southern Miss men's, women's basketball receive first-round matchups for C-USA Championships
Edwards breaks school's single-season steals record, scores 21 points in win over LA Tech
Men's Basketball prepares for home finale, Senior Day Saturday
D'Angelo Richardson's heart, spirit on and off the court fuel his success