Post Game Notes
Southern Miss 63, Lousiana Tech 52
March 25, 2013
- With the victory, the Golden Eagles now have 27 wins during the year, which is tied for second for most victories in a season.
- Southern Miss advances to the quarterfinals for only the second time in its history since winning the 1987 championship. Louisiana Tech reached its second game of the NIT for the first time since bowing out in the first round to Vanderbilt, 83-68, on March 15, 2002.
- Southern Miss improved to 8-7 in NIT play overall and 4-1 at home, while Louisiana Tech fell to 7-8 and 1-6 on opposing team's floors.
- Southern Miss and Louisiana Tech split their season series, after the Bulldogs won in Ruston 65-55 on Dec. 8, 2012.
- The Golden Eagles improve to 14-1 on the season at home. The Bulldogs finished 11-6 on the opposing team's home floor during the season.
- Southern Miss yielded its fewest points ever in the NIT (52) and it was the fewest that Louisiana Tech had ever scored in the tournament.
- The 6.7 percent (1-for-15) from 3-point range was the lowest percentage from that area for the Golden Eagles this season.
- The Golden Eagles outscored the Bulldogs 44-24 in the paint.
Bower Academic Center Project Update
Jake Stoffers named men's basketball video coordinator
Men's Basketball concludes Bahamas trip with 96-81 victory over CTG Knights
Southern Miss wins 96-79 over Providence Storms in second Bahamas game
IBA Elite defeats Southern Miss in final seconds of overtime
Men's Basketball Streaming Info for Bahamas Games
Men's Basketball Unveils 2017-18 Schedule
Omar Thomas named Southern Miss Men's Basketball Director of Operations
Men's Basketball set for Bahamas trip Aug. 8-13