Post Game Notes
Southern Miss 63, Lousiana Tech 52
March 25, 2013
- With the victory, the Golden Eagles now have 27 wins during the year, which is tied for second for most victories in a season.
- Southern Miss advances to the quarterfinals for only the second time in its history since winning the 1987 championship. Louisiana Tech reached its second game of the NIT for the first time since bowing out in the first round to Vanderbilt, 83-68, on March 15, 2002.
- Southern Miss improved to 8-7 in NIT play overall and 4-1 at home, while Louisiana Tech fell to 7-8 and 1-6 on opposing team's floors.
- Southern Miss and Louisiana Tech split their season series, after the Bulldogs won in Ruston 65-55 on Dec. 8, 2012.
- The Golden Eagles improve to 14-1 on the season at home. The Bulldogs finished 11-6 on the opposing team's home floor during the season.
- Southern Miss yielded its fewest points ever in the NIT (52) and it was the fewest that Louisiana Tech had ever scored in the tournament.
- The 6.7 percent (1-for-15) from 3-point range was the lowest percentage from that area for the Golden Eagles this season.
- The Golden Eagles outscored the Bulldogs 44-24 in the paint.
Men's Basketball explodes for 109-61 win over Rust on Sunday
Golden Eagles return home to face Rust on Sunday
Jaguars' hot start too much for Southern Miss to overcome
Men's Basketball travels to South Alabama for Wednesday night contest
Athletics Offering Cyber Monday Ticket Basketball Deals
Golden Eagle Hotline Takes Week Off Before Transitioning to Basketball Shows
Men's Basketball falls to UNC in final Pentagon Showcase contest
Kevin Holland's career night helps Southern Miss defeat Youngstown State
Men's Basketball falls to South Dakota in Sanford Pentagon Showcase opener