March 25, 2013
Box Score |
- With the victory, the Golden Eagles now have 27 wins during the year, which is tied for second for most victories in a season.
- Southern Miss advances to the quarterfinals for only the second time in its history since winning the 1987 championship. Louisiana Tech reached its second game of the NIT for the first time since bowing out in the first round to Vanderbilt, 83-68, on March 15, 2002.
- Southern Miss improved to 8-7 in NIT play overall and 4-1 at home, while Louisiana Tech fell to 7-8 and 1-6 on opposing team's floors.
- Southern Miss and Louisiana Tech split their season series, after the Bulldogs won in Ruston 65-55 on Dec. 8, 2012.
- The Golden Eagles improve to 14-1 on the season at home. The Bulldogs finished 11-6 on the opposing team's home floor during the season.
- Southern Miss yielded its fewest points ever in the NIT (52) and it was the fewest that Louisiana Tech had ever scored in the tournament.
- The 6.7 percent (1-for-15) from 3-point range was the lowest percentage from that area for the Golden Eagles this season.
- The Golden Eagles outscored the Bulldogs 44-24 in the paint.
- Neil Watson broke the single season mark for steals in a season and now has 63, surpassing Casey Fisher who tallied 59 during the 1985-86 campaign.
- Neil Watson moved into 10th place on the Southern Miss career charts for assists with 322, moving ahead of Angelo Johnson (2009-12) who notched 321.