Post Game Notes
March 25, 2013
- With the victory, the Golden Eagles now have 27 wins during the year, which is tied for second for most victories in a season.
- Southern Miss advances to the quarterfinals for only the second time in its history since winning the 1987 championship. Louisiana Tech reached its second game of the NIT for the first time since bowing out in the first round to Vanderbilt, 83-68, on March 15, 2002.
- Southern Miss improved to 8-7 in NIT play overall and 4-1 at home, while Louisiana Tech fell to 7-8 and 1-6 on opposing team's floors.
- Southern Miss and Louisiana Tech split their season series, after the Bulldogs won in Ruston 65-55 on Dec. 8, 2012.
- The Golden Eagles improve to 14-1 on the season at home. The Bulldogs finished 11-6 on the opposing team's home floor during the season.
- Southern Miss yielded its fewest points ever in the NIT (52) and it was the fewest that Louisiana Tech had ever scored in the tournament.
- The 6.7 percent (1-for-15) from 3-point range was the lowest percentage from that area for the Golden Eagles this season.
- The Golden Eagles outscored the Bulldogs 44-24 in the paint.
Men's Basketball hosting free youth clinic Thursday, April 26
Doc Sadler to be inducted in Arkansas-Fort Smith Hall of Fame on Sunday
160 Southern Miss Student-Athletes named to C-USA Commissioner's Honor Roll
From the Broadcast Booth - Eagles First Trip to March Madness
Cortez Edwards earns All-Conference USA Tournament recognition
Southern Miss' comeback bid falls just short to Marshall in C-USA semifinals
Southern Miss stuns No. 1-seeded Middle Tennessee in overtime
Southern Miss advances to C-USA quarterfinals behind Edwards' 29 points
Men's Basketball begins C-USA Tournament play Wednesday versus FIU