Post Game Notes
(2) Southern Miss 85, (3) UTEP 67
March 15, 2013
- Southern Miss advances to play in its first C-USA Tournament Championship Game. The Golden Eagles will face the winner of the Memphis-Tulsa game on Saturday at 10:30 am CDT.
- Southern Miss advances to a conference tournament championship game for the first time since playing in the final two Metro Conference Championship Games in 1994 and 1995.
- This is just the sixth time in the 18-year history of the C-USA Championship that the No. 2 seed has advanced to the ChampionshipGame. The No. 2 seed is 0-5 all-time in the title game.
Southern Miss Notes
- Dwayne Davis led all scorers with 25 points. With 25 points, it marked the eighth time in the last 10 games that he has scored 20 or more. He is averaging 23.4 points per game over that span, while shooting 56.5 percent from the field (78-of-138).
- In two games in this championship, Dwayne Davis is averaging 23.5 points, shooting 67 percent (16-of-24) from the field and 100 percent (8-for-8) from the free throw line.
- Jonathan Mills posted his fourth double-double of the season with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
- After scoring 45 points for the game against UTEP in the regular season meeting (a 45-39 Southern Miss win), the Golden Eagles scored 48 points in the first half today en route to 85 total.
- Southern Miss held a 48-31 halftime advantage thanks to a 29-13 run from the 9:57 mark on to close the half. The Golden Eagles held the Miners scoreless for the last 4:00 of the stanza.
Newcomers lead Golden Eagles to season-opening win over SUNO
Men's Basketball opens season Friday night versus SUNO
By the Numbers: Southern Miss Men's Basketball
Men's Basketball holds preseason media presser
Southern Miss Hosting National Anthem Tryouts on Oct. 18
Men's Basketball holds first official practice of 2017-18 season
Men's Basketball hosting annual tip-off party on Thursday, Sept. 28
Former Golden Eagle Greats Micky Harrington and Glen Whisby Pass Away This Week
Raheem Watts signs with professional team in Greece