March 14, 2014
Box Score |
- Southern Miss advances to the semifinals of the C-USA Championship for the third straight year. The Golden Eagles reached the championship game last year.
- This is the second straight year that Southern Miss eliminated UTEP from the C-USA Championship. Last year the Golden Eagles won in the semifinals, 85-67.
Southern Miss Notes
- Southern Miss has won at least one game in the C-USA Championship in each of the past nine years, the longest streak of any team that has played in the tournament.
- In Southern Miss' conference tournament history, this is the first win over the host school on their home floor. It had lost the previous seven games.
- Tonight's victory was the 101st in the past four seasons combined, making it the winningest four-year period in Southern Miss basketball history. The Golden Eagles won 100 games from 1950- 54.
- Tonight was the Golden Eagles 13th victory away from home this season.
- Southern Miss has won the last three games against UTEP and four of the last five.
- The Southern Miss bench outscored the UTEP bench 42-11.
- Michael Craig recorded his fifth double-double of the season with 12 points and 12 rebounds in just 22 minutes off the bench. Aaron Brown came off the bench to score 18 points, his 16th double-figure scoring game of the season. His career-high of 24 points came in the last game vs. UTEP, on Feb. 22.
Southern Miss held a 24-12 rebounding advantage in the first half and finished with a 45-28 edge on the glass.
- The Golden Eagles pulled down 20 boards on the offensive end, compared to seven for UTEP. The 45 total rebounds were the second-most by a Southern Miss team in 32 all-time C-USA Championship games.