Post Game Notes
(4) Southern Miss 64, (5) UTEP 56
March 14, 2014
- Southern Miss advances to the semifinals of the C-USA Championship for the third straight year. The Golden Eagles reached the championship game last year.
- This is the second straight year that Southern Miss eliminated UTEP from the C-USA Championship. Last year the Golden Eagles won in the semifinals, 85-67.
Southern Miss Notes
- Southern Miss has won at least one game in the C-USA Championship in each of the past nine years, the longest streak of any team that has played in the tournament.
- In Southern Miss' conference tournament history, this is the first win over the host school on their home floor. It had lost the previous seven games.
- Tonight's victory was the 101st in the past four seasons combined, making it the winningest four-year period in Southern Miss basketball history. The Golden Eagles won 100 games from 1950- 54.
- Tonight was the Golden Eagles 13th victory away from home this season.
- Southern Miss has won the last three games against UTEP and four of the last five.
- The Southern Miss bench outscored the UTEP bench 42-11.
- Michael Craig recorded his fifth double-double of the season with 12 points and 12 rebounds in just 22 minutes off the bench. Aaron Brown came off the bench to score 18 points, his 16th double-figure scoring game of the season. His career-high of 24 points came in the last game vs. UTEP, on Feb. 22. Southern Miss held a 24-12 rebounding advantage in the first half and finished with a 45-28 edge on the glass.
- The Golden Eagles pulled down 20 boards on the offensive end, compared to seven for UTEP. The 45 total rebounds were the second-most by a Southern Miss team in 32 all-time C-USA Championship games.
Men's Basketball explodes for 109-61 win over Rust on Sunday
Golden Eagles return home to face Rust on Sunday
Jaguars' hot start too much for Southern Miss to overcome
Men's Basketball travels to South Alabama for Wednesday night contest
Athletics Offering Cyber Monday Ticket Basketball Deals
Golden Eagle Hotline Takes Week Off Before Transitioning to Basketball Shows
Men's Basketball falls to UNC in final Pentagon Showcase contest
Kevin Holland's career night helps Southern Miss defeat Youngstown State
Men's Basketball falls to South Dakota in Sanford Pentagon Showcase opener