Post Game Notes
March 14, 2013
- Southern Miss advances to face the winner of the UTEP-Houston game in the first semifinal on Friday at 3 p.m. CDT. The Golden Eagles defeated Houston and UTEP each by six points in their only regular season meetings.
- With the victory, Southern Miss advances to the semifinals of the C-USA Championship for the third time in four years. The Golden Eagles lost in the semis to Marshall last year and Houston in 2010.
Southern Miss Notes
- Today's win marked the third time this season that the Golden Eagles have defeated UAB. The win also raised USM's record vs. UAB in the Conference USA Championship to 2-1 all-time.
- Southern Miss registered six steals in the game to establish a new school single season record with 327. The old record was 323 in 1985-86.
- Southern Miss connected on nine three-pointers in the game to establish a new school single season record with 220. The old record was 215 in 2011-12.
- Neil Watson scored a game-high 23 points, with 19 coming in the first half. Watson also dished out five assists, giving him 302 in his two-year career. He is the 13th player in Southern Miss history to record 300 or more assists.
- After scoring just two points in the first half, Dwayne Davis scored 18 in the second stanza. With 20 points in the game, it marked the seventh time in the last nine games. He is averaging 23.2 points per game over that span.
Men's Basketball hosting free youth clinic Thursday, April 26
Doc Sadler to be inducted in Arkansas-Fort Smith Hall of Fame on Sunday
160 Southern Miss Student-Athletes named to C-USA Commissioner's Honor Roll
From the Broadcast Booth - Eagles First Trip to March Madness
Cortez Edwards earns All-Conference USA Tournament recognition
Southern Miss' comeback bid falls just short to Marshall in C-USA semifinals
Southern Miss stuns No. 1-seeded Middle Tennessee in overtime
Southern Miss advances to C-USA quarterfinals behind Edwards' 29 points
Men's Basketball begins C-USA Tournament play Wednesday versus FIU