Post Game Notes
(2) Southern Miss 81, (7) UAB 66
March 14, 2013
- Southern Miss advances to face the winner of the UTEP-Houston game in the first semifinal on Friday at 3 p.m. CDT. The Golden Eagles defeated Houston and UTEP each by six points in their only regular season meetings.
- With the victory, Southern Miss advances to the semifinals of the C-USA Championship for the third time in four years. The Golden Eagles lost in the semis to Marshall last year and Houston in 2010.
Southern Miss Notes
- Today's win marked the third time this season that the Golden Eagles have defeated UAB. The win also raised USM's record vs. UAB in the Conference USA Championship to 2-1 all-time.
- Southern Miss registered six steals in the game to establish a new school single season record with 327. The old record was 323 in 1985-86.
- Southern Miss connected on nine three-pointers in the game to establish a new school single season record with 220. The old record was 215 in 2011-12.
- Neil Watson scored a game-high 23 points, with 19 coming in the first half. Watson also dished out five assists, giving him 302 in his two-year career. He is the 13th player in Southern Miss history to record 300 or more assists.
- After scoring just two points in the first half, Dwayne Davis scored 18 in the second stanza. With 20 points in the game, it marked the seventh time in the last nine games. He is averaging 23.2 points per game over that span.
Newcomers lead Golden Eagles to season-opening win over SUNO
Men's Basketball opens season Friday night versus SUNO
By the Numbers: Southern Miss Men's Basketball
Men's Basketball holds preseason media presser
Southern Miss Hosting National Anthem Tryouts on Oct. 18
Men's Basketball holds first official practice of 2017-18 season
Men's Basketball hosting annual tip-off party on Thursday, Sept. 28
Former Golden Eagle Greats Micky Harrington and Glen Whisby Pass Away This Week
Raheem Watts signs with professional team in Greece