Skip to main content Skip to footer

Home | Become Licensed | Style Guide | Retailers | Enforcement
Staff | Student Group | ICLA | Information for Retailers | Learfield Licensing Partners

Student Group Licensing

Suppose your student organization wants to have a T-shirt imprinted with the name of your group and a Southern Miss graphic, but you are not exactly sure how to do this in accordance with University policies and procedures. What should you do? Well, the procedure is not difficult, and what follows will guide you through the process.

First, if the item you wish to have imprinted has a University trademark (name, logo, nickname, etc.), you will need to make sure that the manufacturer you plan to use is licensed with the University. The University is required by law to control the use of its trademarks, and control is maintained by allowing only licensed manufacturers to reproduce University-owned trademarks. There are more than 320 licensed Southern Miss manufacturers, with several located in the Hattiesburg area. Check with Southern Miss licensing for a list of local licensees.

Next, you will need a rendering of the art you want imprinted or embroidered. The manufacturer can produce this rendering, you can develop a design yourself, or the Southern Miss licensing office in the Athletic Center (second floor) has a library of art available for your use.

Your final step is to contact the licensing office for consideration of approval. As long as the item is not for resale, the royalty fee is usually waived.

If you have any questions about the process, contact Stephen Pugh, who handles approvals.

Online Store