Southern Miss Athletics Launches Multimedia Campaign to Honor Golden Eagle Fans
Sept. 7, 2011HATTIESBURG, Miss. - The Southern Miss Department of Athletics unveiled last week a comprehensive multimedia campaign to highlight its fans in a program called Golden Eagle Pride.
The multimedia campaign, which will feature billboards, print ads, radio and television commercials, promotional T-shirts, spirit wristbands, posters, and signs as well as highlighted on the department's website - SouthernMiss.com - and all of its social media platforms, will also include and incorporate the University's initiative of GO GOLD Fridays.
"With the Golden Eagle Pride campaign, the purpose is to highlight our great fans across Hattiesburg, the state of Mississippi and America," said Brent Jones, Southern Miss Associate Athletic Director for Communications. "Every Southern Miss fan that I have met exhibits their passion, their love, and loyalty that they have for their Golden Eagles and this University. This campaign is about showing everyone how great it is to be a Golden Eagle from Southern Miss.
"As Golden Eagles, we have so much to be thankful for a great and outstanding University, a first-class campus, and one of the best and most dominant athletic programs in C-USA and across the nation. Southern Miss would not be where it is today without our fans, which bleed Black and Gold and continue to show off their Golden Eagle Pride every day."
The Golden Eagle Pride campaign is designed to highlight the passion, the enthusiasm, and dedication that all Golden Eagle Fans display. There are many layers to the multimedia platform including:
- GO GOLD Fridays where we ask all fans, alumni, faculty, staff, and students to wear GOLD in support of their Golden Eagles
- More in-depth content on SouthernMiss.com including videos, editorials, and behind the scenes access
- Paint the town of Hattiesburg GOLD every home football weekend
- Enhance the overall game day atmosphere and environment of all sporting events thru multimedia elements
- Highlight and feature current student athletes with in-depth behind the scenes articles on SouthernMiss.com
- Highlight and recognize outstanding Golden Eagle athlete alums
- Becoming more fan focused through engaging marketing practices to go along with promotional activities and items
- Establishing a creative team that consists of faculty, staff, and students that can assist in increased exposure and promotion of athletic programs and events
- Establish fan surveys for all ticketed sports
- Increase Golden Eagle Pride promotional items
- Promote a greater awareness of student athlete scholarship fundraising
- Implement focus groups consisting of faculty, staff, ticket holders, Eagle Club members, and students
- Utilize the Student Eagle Club to assist with recruiting more and new student supporters that attend athletic events *Partner with various on-campus organizations to engage and reach the Southern Miss campus
- Continue to engage Southern Miss fans thru the athletic department's social media campaign
- Create and establish picture galleries where fans can send their best pictures displaying Golden Eagle Pride
- Capture the essence of what it is to be a Golden Eagle
In addition, the Athletics Department will highlight one its faithful, whether it be an Eagle Club donor, season ticket holder, student, faculty, and alumnus once a week on SouthernMiss.com and Golden Eagle fans are asked to submit and post their favorite Southern Miss pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a way to say thank you to all the Golden Eagle faithful, the Southern Miss Department of Athletics is offering a special ticket promotion beginning at 12 noon Wed., Sept. 7, for the Southeastern Louisiana game. Upper deck tickets will be available for $10 when purchased at SouthernMiss.com. There is no limit on the number of tickets purchased per person but the special price in only good through SouthernMiss.com.