Southern Miss Holding To the Top Tour 2012
April 16, 2012
HATTIESBURG, Miss. - Various University of Southern Mississippi football coaches will be making appearances at different Southern Miss Alumni Association and Eagle Club "To The Top Tour" events over the next several months.
The following is a listing of these events which will include stops in Brookhaven, Columbia, Laurel, Meridian, Jackson and Waynesboro in the state of Mississippi as well as functions in Atlanta, Ga., Birmingham, Huntsville and Mobile, Ala., Pensacola, Fla., and New Orleans and Vidalia, La.
The stops will also include the usual summer events which include the Jackson All-Star Party (July 12), Gulf Coast Beach Bash (July 14) and the Hattiesburg Eagle Fanfare (Aug. 4).
The following is a full listing of events with the Southern Miss staffer slated to attend that event. For more information in each specific, please see the contact person associated with each event or go to SouthernMissAlumni.com:
1. Thursday, April 19 - Southeast Central Mississippi Alumni Chapter Dinner
Waynesboro (Miss.) Municipal Library - 6:30 p.m. (Defensive Coordinator Tommy West)
Primary Contact: Patsy Brewer at 601-735-2268
Waynesboro Municipal Library 1103A Mississippi Drive Waynesboro, MS 39367
- Lunch served from 11 a.m. to Noon
- 12:30 p.m. Shotgun start
- Primary Contact: Ken Rushing, 601-898-7444
Colonial Country Club
5636 Old Canton Rd.
Jackson, MS 39211
- Directions: From I-55 take the Adkins Beasley exit (# 102) and proceed east. Stay straight on Beasley that becomes Atkins. Atkins turns into Colonial Circle and intersects Old Canton Road. Turn right on Old Canton to Parkway Dr. (next light) and turn right.
3. Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - Columbia Luncheon
Broad Street Restaurant at 11:30 a.m. (Offensive Coordinator Rickey Bustle)
- Broad Street Restaurant located at 614½ Broad Street in Columbia
- Primary Contact: Angela Forbes, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Thursday, April 26, 2012 - Laurel Metro Alumni Chapter Luncheon
JCJC Advanced Technology Center, Ellisville: 11:30am - 1pm (Defensive Coordinator Tommy West)
JCJC Advanced Technology Center
72 Technology Blvd.
- Primary Contacts: Angie Collins, email@example.com; Pat Cruise, 601-319-7588
5. Thursday, April 26, 2012 - Eagle Club Pensacola Dinner
Miller's Pensacola Ale House at 5:30 p.m. (Tight Ends/Special Teams coach Joe Judge)
- Social begins at 5:30 p.m. on the deck; dinner served at 6:15 p.m.
- Admission is free; food and drink available for purchase
Miller's Pensacola Ale House
5906 N. Davis Highway
Primary Contact: Gene Klos, firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-377-7560
- 11:30 a.m. lunch, 1 p.m. Shotgun Start, and 5 p.m. Social with Coach Johnson at Briarwood Club
- Primary Contact: Dick Simmons at 601.955.1783
Briarwood Country Club
308 Briarwood Rd.
Directions: From Interstate 20/59 west of Meridian headed east.
Take exit 154B to merge onto Hwy 19 S/MS-39 N/US-11 N/US-80 E toward De Kalb
Continue to follow MS-39 N (1.0 miles)
Turn right at on business Hwy 45 then go .4 miles
Turn left at Hwy 39 N/MS-39 N and go 6.6 miles
Turn right on Briarwood School Road NE
Entrance to Briarwood Country Club will be on the right at .5 miles
7. Tuesday, May 8, 2012 - Birmingham Luncheon
The Fish Market, Hoover, Ala. at 11:30 a.m. (Head Coach Ellis Johnson)
- Admission to event is free; food and drink available for purchase
- Primary Contact: Nick Posey, email@example.com
The Fish Market Restaurant
1681 Montgomery Hwy
Hoover, AL 35216
8. Tuesday, May 8, 2012 - North Alabama Dinner The Summit at Big Spring Park, Huntsville, Ala. at 6 p.m.
- Social at 6 p.m.; Dinner begins at 6:30 p.m.
- Complimentary parking is provided in the lower level parking garage on Church Street. Upon entering the garage, guests should let the parking attendant know that they are attending the Southern Miss Alumni Dinner.
- The Summit at Big Spring Park - located on the 8th floor of 100 Church Street SW in Downtown Huntsville.
- Primary Contact: Stacy Busby, firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Wednesday, May 9, 2012 - Atlanta Dinner
Taco Mac at 7 p.m. (Head Coach Ellis Johnson)
- Parking is available in the attached garage, and Taco Mac will validate parking passes for attendees.
- Primary Contact: Clay Peacock at 678-772-9879
Taco Mac at Lindbergh
573 Main Street
Atlanta, GA 30324
Located at the Lindbergh MARTA Station
10. Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - Southwest Mississippi Dinner
The Sandbar Restaurant, Vidalia, La., at 6pm (Associate Head Coach Steve Buckley)
- Primary Contact: Tim McCann at email@example.com
106 Carter Street
11. Thursday, May 17, 2012 - SW Central Mississippi Luncheon
Poppa's Fish House, Brookhaven at Noon (Offensive Line Coach Tucker Peavey)
- Primary Contact: Chad Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contributions accepted for the SW Central Mississippi Alumni Chapter Scholarship fund
Poppa's Fish House
204 Highway 51 N
12. Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - New Orleans Dinner
The American Sector in the National WWII Museum @ 5:30pm (Head Coach Ellis Johnson)
- Social at 5:30 p.m.; Dinner begins at 7 p.m.
- Cost is $38 per person and includes a three-course meal
- Primary Contact: Steven Leggett at email@example.com
- American Sector
National WWII Museum
945 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA
13. Thursday, July 12, 2012 - Jackson All-Star Party
Mississippi Trademart at 5:30 p.m. (All football coaches; selected players)
1207 Mississippi Street
29th Annual Jackson All-Star Party
14. Saturday, July 14, 2012 - Gulf Coast Beach Bash
Gruich Community Center, Biloxi at 3 p.m. (All football coaches'; selected players)
Dr. Frank Gruich, Sr. Community Center
591 Howard Avenue
15. Saturday, August 4, 2012 - Eagle Fanfare
Lake Terrace Convention Center, Hattiesburg at 2 p.m. (All football coaches; selected players)
Lake Terrace Convention Center
1 Convention Center Plaza